Motor insurence

nightrider

My mother in law is 94 years old in april and is still driving and has a Ford Fiesta, she got her new insurence renewal quote yesterday and was moaning that it had gone up to £559 fully comp, I said you lucky b*****, It cost me £1151 fully comp for business use last year.

Guest Tracker

Gee whiz Malcolm are you still sending your 94 year old granny out to work?

I'm darned glad you ain't my son but I am amazed that any insurer would quote at all for someone that age but it suggests that there is hope for us all yet - all we have to do is survive intact for umpteen more years and then some!

£1151 seems a lot - have you compared the meerkats to see if a better deal is available?

• 3 weeks later...
Tracker - 2012-01-29 6:39 PM

Gee whiz Malcolm are you still sending your 94 year old granny out to work?

I'm darned glad you ain't my son but I am amazed that any insurer would quote at all for someone that age but it suggests that there is hope for us all yet - all we have to do is survive intact for umpteen more years and then some!

£1151 seems a lot - have you compared the meerkats to see if a better deal is available?

Rich,

I lost all my no claims bonus after stupidly putting in a claim for when I damaged my work van in an altercation with a concrete gate post, my MIL has no probs in getting insurence.

postnote - 2012-02-19 9:24 PM

One way to stop our premiums going up is to do away with no claims bonus protection. Why should those that cause accidents retain their no claims. Make the buggers that cause accidents pay and us who don’t have accidents reward us with a lower premium…

Hey Postie,

where've you been? missed your posts.

Archived