TV aerial

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

can anyone recommend a decent domestic style TV aerial that I can just stick through the Heki roof light and sit on roof? This is for very occasional use as not big on TV so not interested in a fixed roof aerial.

powered one probably a better bet?

I have a large aerial on pole that we used with coachbuilt but not really enough room for it our new van....

try this.....

http://www.aerialshack.com/caravan-camping-caravan-aerials-c-149_37.html?gclid=CJvas_Wa-K0CFQELfAodqSeQvQ

they seem to have aerials for every need.

I seem to remember that in the 70s when we had a caravan, and it was old style analogue we had one which clamped onto the side of the caravan.

In terms of size and simplicity though the standard roof mounted one (Status 530) we have on the present motorhome is as good as any, although I do not beleive the 'new' digital system is as good as analogue in many respects.

We are currently in South Devon and whilst the roof mounted aerial picked up some 12 Digi stations,it did not hold the signal on some very long, so we are now plugged into the Site box and have - well more than I care to count, or watch!!

The only other thought is perhaps one of the indoor set-top style aerials which you can buy usually with amplifier included, but I don't know whether they would be suitable to put onto your roof.

Guest JudgeMental
lennyhb - 2012-01-30 6:01 PM

Any wideband aerial will do get as big as you can accommodate and make sure it is easy to swivel when mounted for horizontal & vertical polarisation.

What happened to the sat dome you were getting?

Had changed my mind about dome, dont look right on a panel van I think. was thinking of a dish...but we dont use the van that much and when we go abroad just watch pre recorded stuff on laptop or DVDs.But mainly read.....

just want something for the odd weekend away here. we intend to do something at February half term

Judge, we have had an outdoor one of these for years, in both the caravan and now the motorhome. We get a digital signal by just placing it on a baked bean can, on top of tv, resting on the bike rack, so I am sure you will get a signal out of your heki.

http://www.antiference.co.uk/indoor-aerials

We have also got a pole so if its necessary we erect the pole (which is telescopic). We have a portable satallite dish that we rarely use, because this aerial is so good.

Cannot praise them enough

Archived