passport

Guest JudgeMental

Guest JudgeMental

My passport runs out in July this year, thinking of Spain for Easter.....Will I be allowed in with 4 months on it? as I know some country's want 6 month minimum :-S

EDIT:

Oop's found it *-)

"A valid British passport must be held for entry to and exit from Spain. There is no minimum passport validity requirement but you should ensure that your passport is valid for the duration of your visit."

Sooo what shall we talk about......you choose :D

what about west coast of France routes to Alicante region :-D

Thanks Mike!

It shouldn't affect you as Spain is in the EU. The countries that want 6 months are usually the far flung places. However on saying that if you renew your passport now they will give you 10 years + whatever number of months is left on it-ie 10 and a half years

Mike

JudgeMental - 2012-01-30 6:18 PM

Sooo what shall we talk about......you choose :D

what about west coast of France routes to Alicante region :-D

!

Have you thought of Dunkirk, Le Mans, Poitiers, Brive-la-G, Toulouse, sharp left, Perpignan. None of it on peage, which is nice.

We usually stop somewhere at the top end of France. Camping St Clare at Neufchatel-en-bray is brilliant for cycling. There's a green way virtually running through the site. Next stop is near Saumur on the Loire, Le Chant d'Oiseau, a delightful site run by a couple from Doncaster. After that we make for an aire in the Brive-la-Gaillarde area, Sarlat-la Caneda was the winner last year. First stop in Spain is Sitges, like to keep my speed up past Barca, then we hop down the coast on the ACSI sites.

Enjoy your trip. T

Guest JudgeMental

Thanks! Was thinking of staying west of barcelona, Pamplona/Zaragosa?

I dont mind paying a few tolls iof it means misssing lengthy detours...

Here is a route Brian Kirby gave me a while back::

"On the other hand, if you want to travel reasonably quickly to the western med coast, things are a lot easier.

Go west of Paris. Take A16/A28 via Rouen, and you pay tolls only from Boulogne to Abbeville, then continue toll free to Rouen.

From Rouen, take A13 (toll, but only 5 miles) as far as Incarville,

then A154/D6154 (dual carriageway, watch change in speed limit onto D6154, favourite radar trap area)

south to Evreux (by-pass), N12 (dual carriageway) to Nonancourt (by-pass),

N154 (dual carriageway) to Chartres (by-pass),

D910/N10 to Chateaudun (by-pass), D924 to Blois (eastern by-pass),

then two choices: D765/E6 via Romorantin-Lanthenay to Vierzon (further choice from Vierzon as below), then pick up A20 at junc 6, or, D956 via Contres, Celles-sur-Cher, Valencay, and Levroux to Chateauroux, and pick up A20 at junc 12. A20 is free to Brive, toll to Montauban, where there is a short free bit, and then A62 (toll) to Toulouse. Then, if still hurrying, A61 (toll) to Carcassonne and Narbonne."

We set the satnav for Benidorm when we leave the Eurotunnel and it takes us round Paris then straight down the country to Claremont Ferrand, over the Milau Bridge, wich is around half way, then down to the Spanis border.

From there it is just about 420 miles.

Motorway all the way and tolls are about 70 Euro's, quick and easy

For a change I'm going to use the route published in the Dec MMM. May use Auto route around Poitiers as I hate that bit, plus I'll certainly use the auto route around Biarritz, then use the N121a from Irun to Pamplona.

I don't go all the way down from Pamplona to Zaragoza and onto Valencia. My route is as per the Jan MMM, although its a rough bit of road from Mallen/Magallon to La Almunia and onto Carinena. then its a terrific road to the coast.

We're going to 'amble' down this year as no longer in a rush to get there and back. Going down via the Vendee, across at Royan and down Atlantic coast to Irun (Mrs wants to stop there for the market!!!) then accross via Pamplona. Coming back via Dordogne, Loire & Somme area.

Going to call at Oreador as well as passed near but never seen it before.

Mike

JudgeMental - 2012-01-30 11:22 PM

Thanks! Was thinking of staying west of barcelona, Pamplona/Zaragosa?

I dont mind paying a few tolls iof it means misssing lengthy detours...

Here is a route Brian Kirby gave me a while back::

"On the other hand, if you want to travel reasonably quickly to the western med coast, things are a lot easier.

Go west of Paris. Take A16/A28 via Rouen, and you pay tolls only from Boulogne to Abbeville, then continue toll free to Rouen.

From Rouen, take A13 (toll, but only 5 miles) as far as Incarville,

then A154/D6154 (dual carriageway, watch change in speed limit onto D6154, favourite radar trap area)

south to Evreux (by-pass), N12 (dual carriageway) to Nonancourt (by-pass),

N154 (dual carriageway) to Chartres (by-pass),

D910/N10 to Chateaudun (by-pass), D924 to Blois (eastern by-pass),

then two choices: D765/E6 via Romorantin-Lanthenay to Vierzon (further choice from Vierzon as below), then pick up A20 at junc 6, or, D956 via Contres, Celles-sur-Cher, Valencay, and Levroux to Chateauroux, and pick up A20 at junc 12. A20 is free to Brive, toll to Montauban, where there is a short free bit, and then A62 (toll) to Toulouse. Then, if still hurrying, A61 (toll) to Carcassonne and Narbonne."

A little refinement on the above route to get around the growing traffic chaos at Nonancourt. If you follow Rouen, Evreux, and take the N154 south from Evreux, and then take the exit for Prey, about 5 miles south (sp exit 10, Prey, St Andre) onto the D52E/D52, to the roundabout just south of Prey, and take first exit for St Andre (D52), you can drop down the east side of Dreux and onto the N154 south to Chartres, avoiding St Remy-s-Avre. Autoroute says about an extra 15 minutes, at motorhome driving speeds. At worst, that should break even with the St Remy jam, but should generally offer a useful gain overall.

Am I allowed a brief return to thread, even though the OP includes its own answer?

Just to observe that length of passport validity isn't always about which country you're visiting, it's often set by the airline - you know, those companies that ordinary mortals have to use when they go on holiday.

While there MAY be some countries which insist on a " validity over-run" just in case you're stuck beyond your planned time, some airlines certainly do.

In principle though, a passport is valid right up to the date printed on it.

Archived