Lunar moterhome 670R

jeankerr

my husband and I have a Lunar moterhome 670R from the first day we took delevery we have had that many faults its unbeleiveable. at the moment the van is back at the factory getting a new roof on as they say it was cut to short, also the sides at the luton are comming away, and to top that we have got mold in the storage space. Sunday May 14th I read in the Sunday Post another couple who have had simular problems with their Lunar. This has tempted me do do a www site to see if their are other people with with the same problems the site is wwwlunar-jean.blogspot.com I would be very greatfull for any reply's thanking you :'(

Cant find the website but what year is the motorhome? My 1999 620SCL has given no trouble at all.We have done two Winter trips to Spain plus the usual UK holidays, in the UK we sometims tow a 1951 Land Rover on a braked Abar and think it is a great motorhome.Sorry yours did not work out but thought I would mention the postive side of the equation. Best regards Geoff

Jean, How long have you had the motorhome? Remember that, under UK Law, you are allowed to reject any new vehicle - after giving the dealer a chance to remedy all defects - if it is significantly not up to scratch and the dealer cannot sort out the problems promptly. However, you must do this promptly. If you have not had it long (say 3 months or so), then I suggest you write to the dealer rejecting your purchase, or reserving the right to do so if the manufacturer repairs do not fix the problems 'to your complete satisfaction'. If that is no longer possible, then you may have a case against the dealer for compensation for lack of availability, etc. A more complex claim to make. It's a warning to all: never 'soldier on' with a badly defective new vehicle; reject it (but you must give the dealer reasonable time to rectify all the problems - that does NOT mean repeated visits to them!).

Hi Geoff The moterhome is 04 are u shure that u carn't get on the web site it is wwwlunar-jean.blogspot.com note that their is no . after www. Im pleased that u hav'nt had problems and I am keeping my fingers crossed that when we get the van back from the factory it will be ok. I phoned Sunday Post up yesterday, and a reporter phoned me today saying that he would phone Lunar up and find out what is happning. Dinner time today I recieved a phone call from the managering director from Lunar saying that he can assure me that the van will be in perfect condition and given us extra garantee. and hope's that we will get the van back later this week or early next week. We are not new to motercaravaning as we have had van's for the last 10 years and this is the first one we have had with a lot of problems. thanks for writing back I was unsure if any one would as this is the first time I have been on this site althrough we get the MMM every month and have about 4 or 5 yrs mag's in our loft my husband will not part with them (he calls them his bible) Thanks Jean

Hi Mell we didn't know that or else we would not have taken it the van was bought in september 04. at the moment it is in the factory in Praston getting a new roof on and they are going to take the old sealent out of the joints on the cab top do not know if they have replaced the wood in the storage space what was thick with mould. had a phone call from Lunar to day assuring me that every thing will be perfect lets keep our fingers crossed. have u seen the www site that I have done?? think u would be amazed look forward to your reply. Jean

Archived