hab service

triumph

Probably not but we always have a habby service done after the first year to cover and find any warranty issues. After that we have the mechanical service done buy a very through independent garage and don't bother with the habby service. I know this invalidates the warranty but we only keep our motorhomes for five or six years and so far any warranty issues have all revealed themselves in the first year.

Colin Leake - 2012-01-31 7:12 PM

Probably not but we always have a habby service done after the first year to cover and find any warranty issues. After that we have the mechanical service done buy a very through independent garage and don't bother with the habby service. I know this invalidates the warranty but we only keep our motorhomes for five or six years and so far any warranty issues have all revealed themselves in the first year.

I am afraid this is not true Colin

We have just had our 06 reg Sundance repaired .for water ingress in floor. This was not picked up in either 1st or 2nd year hab check.. d id not have 3rd year done, as we thought it a waste of money.We have had to have new flooring over nearly all the floor. . Just got back to-day from picking up van from Hull

PJay

We have the annual damp check done never had a habitation service and never had any problems with warranty issues in fact our dealer told us a habitation service wasn't necessary until 5 years old.

Did get them to check the gas system last year & they didn't charge.

Engine service have done by an independent every 18 months.

Just booked first year hab service and cost will be £140.:-D

NCC Approved Mobile Workshop.............he comes to me - 20 miles or so!............and Swift happy with them since NCC Approved.............and he's Truma trained and over the phoned displayed a detailed knowledge of Combi 4E

Arthur

Hi

Maybe the full hab service is not necessary but I would always have the gas system checked out and a damp check - each year. Damp speaks for itself but gas is a strange animal. Last year I had work done on the system to make it safer. This year I started to smell gas so asked my service people to find the leak. They did, it was a gaslow cylinder which had not leaked previously. Job sorted.

Just to finish, I contacted Gaslow and explained the problem. They arranged to have a new cylinder delivered to my nearest participant at whose premises I exchanged the leaking cylinder for a new one. Cant fault the service - call on the Monday and exchange on the Wednesday of the same week.

With habitation forget about the warranty if you wish but be safe!!!

Art

PJay - 2012-01-31 7:29 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-01-31 7:12 PM

I am afraid this is not true Colin

We have just had our 06 reg Sundance repaired .for water ingress in floor. This was not picked up in either 1st or 2nd year hab check.. d id not have 3rd year done, as we thought it a waste of money.We have had to have new flooring over nearly all the floor. . Just got back to-day from picking up van from Hull

Sorry I forgot about Swift Group products. Ours is an AutoTrail so we are not expecting any such problems.

PJay

Archived