Hello from Benicasim, Costa Azahar

Guest peter

Just thought I'd make you all jealous :D This pic' was taken this afternoon at Bonterra Park site and was an al fresco curry with members of the Burstner owners club, of which we are members.

The lady in the forground is my trouble and strife.

Hope it warms up in the U/K before the begining of March. :D

74406911_BurstnerBBQ.jpg.52509e68c0aed4b81ce068282060cc6e.jpg

Lucky sod, have a good'un :-)

The weather people are unsure of the forecast at the moment because the cold air is meeting milder air over Britain. Whichever way it seems that the eastern side is going to get it worse so that will make it even more better that you're not at home.

Just incase it gets worse I've been outside wrapping my Cordylines and Sophora with fleece this morning. Dry and sunny but the bloody wind was bitter :-(

Guest Peter James
pepe63 - 2012-02-01 8:02 PM

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-02-01 7:45 PM

Just incase it gets worse I've been outside wrapping my Cordylines and Sophora with fleece this morning. Dry and sunny but the bloody wind was bitter :-(

Show some compassion man and let your kids come inside where it's warm..! (lol) (lol)

I thought you were talking to Peter and they are his kids in the photograph (?)

Peter James - 2012-02-01 8:12 PM

Show some compassion man and let your kids come inside where it's warm..! (lol) (lol)

I thought you were talking to Peter and they are his kids in the photograph (?)

(lol) ...the benefits cap would hit them if they were.. (lol)

(..no,I was clumsily try to make a joke about Lord B' wrapping up his "Cordyline and Sophora" (lol) )

It certainly looks pretty good over there Peter...you lucky so'n'so.. (lol)

It's no warmer inside since some thieving bar steward stole the lead off Screwham Hall and the boiler and plumbing from the stables :-(

The mega Cold Snap thingy has reached Spain.

Woke up this morning to see a dusting of snow, actual snow, on the mountains inland at the head of our valley here on the Costa Blanca.

This is only the second time we've seen snow on them in the 3 years we've lived in this valley.

Local forecast is for a high today of 7 degrees, and a low of 2 tonight, but then tomorrow a high of 4 degrees and at night it'll actually get down to minus three.....apparently it's going to be the coldest night in the coastal Costa Blanca region in the past 10 years. I can't remember the last time I ever saw ice/frost along the coast here.

Feel free to take this Coldnessness thing back Northwards. We do not like it at all down here.

Guest pelmetman

Is that you in the Blue shirt Peter?......................

I'm surprised they haven't chucked you out the club now you've got that tatty old Le Voyager :D....................

Oh.....and just to cheer you up when we got back home today it started snowing 8-) 8-) 8-)

Back in the workshop tomorrow in my thermals :'(

No Dave that's not me, I'm behind the camera. It;s pretty cold here today as well and blowing a gale. Although the sun came out this afternoon so we went for a stroll along the seafront. Fish and chips in the restaurant tonight with mushy peas, just like blighty. Hope you don't get too much snow as our conservatory has a long box gutter between it and the house, which overflows if the snow melts and then freezes.

Looks like you came home too soon. It's supposed to be warming up again here on monday.

Really - and I mean literally really - freezing here in the Auvergne. Minus 12 here at 6 pm, daytime tomorrow minus 9, night minus 14, next day minus 12 and at night minus 16. No sign here of warmer weather. Hasn't stopped snowing all day either. Looks beautiful though!

Guest Peter James
BGD - 2012-02-02 10:29 AM

The mega Cold Snap thingy has reached Spain.

Woke up this morning to see a dusting of snow, actual snow, on the mountains inland at the head of our valley here on the Costa Blanca.

This is only the second time we've seen snow on them in the 3 years we've lived in this valley.

Local forecast is for a high today of 7 degrees, and a low of 2 tonight, but then tomorrow a high of 4 degrees and at night it'll actually get down to minus three.....apparently it's going to be the coldest night in the coastal Costa Blanca region in the past 10 years. I can't remember the last time I ever saw ice/frost along the coast here.

Feel free to take this Coldnessness thing back Northwards. We do not like it at all down here.

I have found a better forecast for you - currently showing no frost and remaining sunny for another week - link: http://uk.weather.com/weather/10day-Benidorm-SPXX0165

peter - 2012-02-02 5:32 PM

Fish and chips in the restaurant tonight with mushy peas, just like blighty. . It's supposed to be warming up again here on monday.

Quite warm today.

So have you tried the "full English" breakfast, and is it worth the 6.50 Euros?

No electricity tomorrow....

Quite agree Michele, there's nothing to stop him doing it, it he wishes. Anyway, I spent my fuel allowance on booze at christmas. :D

Getting a lot warmer here now, tee shirt weather.

Can't believe how cheap a drinkable bottle of red is in liddl, 99Cents and brandy @ 5.99 a Ltr. Happy days. Deffinately will be back next year. (lol)

Guest pelmetman
peter - 2012-02-07 5:33 PM

Deffinately will be back next year. (lol)

We are hoping to make the January in Spain a regular habit B-)..........it certainly helps make the winter seem shorter :D

pelmetman - 2012-02-10 10:24 AM

Peter, I bet you....................."Wish you were here" :D..................anyone fancy a bbq (lol)

Looks very inviting Dave. Can't wait to be back. All this blue sky and sunshine is getting a bit boring. Not to mention the cheap wine and friendly atmoshere here. Three months at least, next year I think. Will bring the car and unhook at border and drive it down. Ah well another 4 weeks of boredom to look forward to. :D :D :D

Archived