Ferrys Dover

Hawcara

Have used DFS last three trips,Took the late ferry last time out of Dover and sleeped in Port on the other side ,but the last time I looked the late evening sailings seemed to be a lot more expensive ,about £68.00 return is what we where paying last year.Ferries are clean and tidy food ok.If you are heading Germany way nice Aire at Genk N50 57,422' E005 31,944' IN AIRES Book Benelux countries couple of hours drive

Also have two trips over this year booked again with DFS.

We found the standard on the ferry was excellent but when we tried to return early we were refused as:

"a Motorhome would displace a freight"

we had to wait three days and cross on our original booking.

I won't say we will never use them again because it may well be the case that without Seafrance the situation we encountered may become the norm for the future. :-(

We have used Norfolk Line (DFDS) for some years. If booked through the CC we find the fares very competitive and the boats are also very clean. One advantage with them has always been if we arrived early they put us on the next crossing, no additional charge. With Sea France they wanted £83 to catch the next boat, original fare paid was £38! We waited 2 hours for our ferry.

terryW - 2012-02-02 12:23 PM

We found the standard on the ferry was excellent but when we tried to return early we were refused as:

"a Motorhome would displace a freight"

we had to wait three days and cross on our original booking.

I won't say we will never use them again because it may well be the case that without Seafrance the situation we encountered may become the norm for the future. :-(

A bit difficult getting the Motorhome on and off the couch though!! He He!

Guest JudgeMental
If you decide on ferry try and avoid the weekends they can be very packed and not pleasent....We will try and stick with eurotunnel as long as price resonable. I remember years ago paying near £300 was the norm *-)

Have found DFDS excellent, and just booked via CC for mid May out and mjid July back (both on Saturday sailings) and paid £58 return, thats for van 6m and 2.8m high! Can't beat that, and I think it's even a better offer than last year! enjoy the crossing, excellent ships, and Dunkirk is pretty much as good as calais in terms of getting out on to Autoroutes or N roads.

in biew of teh demise of Seafrance,I have been pleasantly suprised, al;though when I checked on DFDS own websites,prices were much higher, allowing for special offers which had to be booked by 31st Jan.

Archived