Cramer gas hob on Burstner T680

nasher

I've just fixed a Cramer hob with the same problem albeit the rear burner. The problem turned out to not be the thermocouple but the burner assembly was dirty causing a minimal flame to fall on the thermocouple. If the flame pattern is not even all round the burner or there is a gap in the flame at the rear then cleaning it may well solve your problem. You need a tiny T6 torx bit to remove the top plate and a p1 phillips screwdriver to remove the mixer plate, be aware the base of the burner will fall away from the hob assembly when you remove these screws. Use a soft wire brush (brass wire brush is good) to clean the crud off the mixer plate. To reassemble you will probably need access to the underside of the hob to hold the base of the burner up while you screw the mixer plate to it again.

D.

Well its not exactly a theory. My first response was thermocouple failure too. Then as it happens one came in today with the same fault but when I looked at it the flame was poor and uneven, especially around the thermocouple. Mostly the crud that builds up in these burners is due to over zealous use of cleaning agents like CIF etc. It gets rubbed into the burner holes and dries out then just accumulates till the flame is all over the place. Only ever clean the burners \themselves with a damp cloth.

D.

Archived