Guess what we're going to see tomorrow ....

Mel B

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Tracker - 2012-02-05 7:59 PM

Another puppy?

You know me tooooooo well Rich! Yup, cross whippet puppies, 8 wks old. On the phone the chap said the females were small and the parents were small at about 20 inches ... lovely though the puppies were (an absolutely gorgeous pale grey male for anyone who's after one for £80!), no way were they going to be small .... I think the chap needs a new tape measure! Fortunately they were only about 5 miles away so not far to go in the snow.

Oh well ... I'lll just bide my time .... no rush. :-D

LordThornber - 2012-02-05 8:32 PM

An industrial power tools demo? 8-)

Martyn

Martyn, you know me nearly as well as Rich! (lol)

I've been having my 'fix' of power tools recently as I've been installing a fitted wardrobe with sliding mirror doors into the smallest of our bedrooms, but putting in shelves rather than rails for all my jigsaw puzzles! :D

It was a pain in the bum to do as we have sloping ceilings at the edges but I got there in the end and very nice it looks too even if I do say so myself! I have therefore been playing with my drill and jigsaw, although I must admit that using a hand saw does give a better finish and a straighter edge than a jigsaw (even using a batten to keep it straight). I wish I had a spokesaw though, I could've done with one to get the timber shaped for the ceiling - I ended up using a chisel, saw and stanley knife so it wasn't the easiest thing in the world!!! I'm gonna keep my eyes open at car boot sales for some hand-tools as I quite enjoyed using them and might get back into to doing some woodwork then. The power tools are good but you don't get the same 'feel' for what you are doing as you do with hand tools. :-S

My Father was a boat builder and used to build and repair MTB boats during the war. When he died a few years ago, I inherited all his woodworking tools. Most of them he had when he was an apprentice. I've got no idea what some of them are, let alone how to use them!

bob.b

Attach some photos of them - I may be able to help.

Or - enter the model number into Google you may get your answers that way.

My father was also in the wood trade. He used to make 'Walls Of Death' but he never rode a motorbike around it.

Grrrrrr ..... I wish people would tell you the 'truth' when you speak to them!!!!

We went all the way to past Lincoln to see Tiggy today and when we got there we found that she'd had puppies about 10 weeks earlier so was in a bit of a sorry looking state, although she had stopped feeding them a couple of weeks ago. They still have the pups, with most of them being picked up this week, so they were not only going to part her 'immediately' from her pups, but from her 'home' too. It just didn't feel right, especially since the owner said she'd not had her long (they'd apparently 'rescued' her ...) funny how she was in pup at the time and they are going to make quite a lot of money on the 6 puppies she had ... especially since they looked to be crossed with a staffie ... and guess what their other (older) dog was. We smelt a rat and, although we felt sorry for her, we decided we were not prepared to take her away from he pups or risk the upset and possible problems that doing so might cause her/us/our dogs by doing so.

Soooooo ... hubby spotted the below on the web and we've had another photo sent to get a good idea of her size and asked a load of questions. She's a cross jack russell/chihuahua (I can spell it now!) and is 5 months old, fully vaccinated, regularly wormed and microchipped, she looks adorable and just the size I'm looking for - she currently weighs around 3.5kg so by the time she's done a bit of growing she should end up about the size of our Lily - she's called Daisy.

Daisy.jpg.feff66d82a315465fa78f3bfefe3dfae.jpg

My mum is 86 and had her J. Russel put to sleep just before xmas, she walked around 3-5 miles a day with it , just will not consider getting another now incase she has to have it put down. Not bothered if she knew it would die naturally but really upset her having him put to sleep.

She hardly walks at all now, I know she made alot of friends that way too, won't consider older dog, borrowing one to walk, or anything we have suggested. Such a shame.

Mandy

Love Daisy such a pretty dog

Well, we went to see her this morning and as soon as they opened the front door the little mite came bounding out towards me wagging like mad and licking me silly!!! What a lovely greeting!!! Needless to say that was it, no way was she not going to be coming home with us! :D

Romy and Lily are slowly getting used to having this 'rat on speed' hurtling about, giving her a wide berth at the moment but very curious too, when Chris accidentally made her 'squeak' when he picked her up, Romy was straight there to see if she was okay, giving her a good sniff. Lily doesn't really know what to make of her yet but I'm sure they'll enjoy playing together especially when we take them for a romp on the field once she's got used to coming back to us of course! :-S

She's the absolute perfect size and temperament for us so I'm so glad we made the trip to Doncaster for her - the owner has now got a full-time job so could no longer dedicate the time to her that she needs, but we can tell that they really loved her and had taken good care of her, and wanted some photos and cuddles before we left. We've promised to send them some photos of her when we she goes on holiday to France/Spain etc in a couple of months time. B-)

We can't decide whether to keep her name though, as she doesn't look like a Daisy to us ... and judging by the speed that she romps around she's more like a rampant weed!!!! Maybe Dandelion would be more appropriate! (lol)

She's absolutely adorable, really, really friendly and happy, with boundless energy .... can't see us getting much rest for a while though! 8-) *-)

Daisy.jpg.d569288e42c45238163007b301914b31.jpg

Oh Congratulations Mel :-D Daisy is adorable and I think its a lovely name as well ;-) you need a name that you can shout out quickly when the little beggar is running off (lol) yes she will !! my Tilly the youngest runs like a greyhound and jumps like a kangeroo she is full of energy but is obedient so that is something. Its lovely that your other dogs have taken to her it is always a worry I know that is how we got Tilly, her owner was a breeder of Labs; and had two Bejon freis!!sp. Tilly was hanging on their ears and tails and the owner was afraid they were going to hurt her badly as they were bigger than her and not tollerant of what she was doing!! my other chihuahua took to her immediatly and soon got wise to what she was doing (lol) he would run and wizz around before she could get a good hold on his tail ;-) he did lose a bit of fur though, but they play lovely now and they are good company for each other.

How upsetting for you to go all that way and be dissapointed >:-( some people make me so angry just giving dogs away as if they are toys with no feelings! they should have been reported to the rescue and not allowed to do this again. I dont think they can have got it from a RSPCA rescue though because they would have neutered it before she got it wouldnt they?

Well, the "Tazmanian Devil" dog is settling in well ... Romy has really taken to her and they have been having some fun chases round the place - the little 'un jumps all over her and she doesn't mind too much - really surprising as Romy's not a 'doggy' dog. :-S Lily is a bit wary still, and grumbles at her a bit, the pup has already got Lily's measure and keeps well clear if she's not sure, but at other times they bumble along together. All are happy when it's feeding time and there are no grumbles at all then which is good.

As for the name, we've been coming up with all sorts ... Taz (as in devil!), Jazz, Hazel, Tansy, Bramble, Treacle, Dixie ... but I think we've settled on Pepper as it sounds different to the other too and she seems to like the sound of it (one of the characters in the "Iron Man" films is Pepper Potts ... and as the little horror seems to be mad (ie potty) it seems quite appropriate! :D

Ah Mel didnt see that you had another , just thought you was still out hunting snow :D Shes beautiful let me know when you go vet bound to get all the trave; drugs and jabs please .

Pepper it is then ours used to be a pepper perrer the black spaniel black pepper and pepper the siamese cat haha both trouble they were. ;-)

My Daughter has just acquired a J Russell, and she is called Jazz (Jasmine) Two years old and was used for breeding, after 4 litters they had finished with here, so they took pity on her, and now she is becoming used to being loved, as a pet.

My eldest son has also acquired another dog (now has 3) it is called Pepper (A Bedlington Terrier)

And just for the record youngest son has a Labradoodle, Looks like a sheep, (even the sheep thought so!!)

We no longer have to baby sit granchildren (To Old ) but now have to Dog Sit , on occasions !!

PJay

michele - 2012-02-19 6:27 PM

Ah Mel didnt see that you had another , just thought you was still out hunting snow :D Shes beautiful let me know when you go vet bound to get all the trave; drugs and jabs please .

Pepper it is then ours used to be a pepper perrer the black spaniel black pepper and pepper the siamese cat haha both trouble they were. ;-)

Off to the vet in the morning for a check-up and rabies jab ... won't be cheap, but at least not as expensive as when we had to have the blood test too (and the 6 month wait!). The next big expense will be to have her spayed ... I'm sure it's gone up massively since we had Lily done 3 years ago (about £120 I think!) ... might have to send the other two out to work catching rats to pay for it. *-) (lol)

Archived