Is it cold where you are

w1ntersun

Hi,

Presently at conil de la frontera Spain. Blue skies but oh so cold.

Its a fraction above freezing at night and a bitter cold wind during the day.

Going down to the shower block is a trial of delight ( not )

Fortunately we are on propane as the electric heating is barely keep up the temps.

Some poor peeps have not brought silver screens ( def help ) and running on butane so gas is freezing up.

Just a side I tow on a-frame and was not stopped this time but others on the site have been stopped and fined.

Richard

We also have approx 8 inches of snow in Bedfordshire too. We have drifts up most of the doors - or at least we did, hubby has been and cleared it now, he exited through the garage so as not bringing snow into the house - how thoughtful was that :-D

Roads were not gritted last night so problems for people who got caught out, but gritters have been round today so all is well.

A1 is clear along the Sandy to Biggleswade stretch.

Bit if a cold gale here in Benicassim last couple of days but sun came out in daytime and warmed it up.

Nice and sunny at the moment outside temp 12.5 at 17.23. Not bad at all, hope it lats and improves. :D

Im in Montpellier to escape the Mistral and cold everything is frozen solid except the water tank which is full and has an stalactite 8-) The water pump wont and the sink has been blocked for a week 8-)

Since my door was torn off by the Mistral im heading for Spain Portugal with a Fiat

Guest JudgeMental
Colin Leake - 2012-02-05 4:01 PM

No. We've got a lovely log fire blazing away keeping us just toasty thanks!

Amen to that.....Had a wood burning stove fitted just in time for Christmas, and best bit of home improvement I have ever invested in...

Having second thoughts about Spain in March :-S

Guest pelmetman
JudgeMental - 2012-02-05 4:48 PM

Amen to that.....Had a wood burning stove fitted just in time for Christmas, and best bit of home improvement I have ever invested in...

Yep agree with that :D.............We live in our sun lounge with a glass roof all year round..............It would be freezing with out the log burner 8-)

I quite fancy one in the camper :-D...............Just imagine CC warden when I flash that up (lol) (lol)

Anyone planning on coming through France there is an orange warning over most of it re snow and ice.

Below freezing on the Riviera at times and here in the mountains (830m) daytime -10, night -18, and no let-up foreseen until 14th at the earliest. Central heating blasting away but haven't had hot water for days so frozen pipe(s) somewhere. Most of the main roads round here seem ok but small roads (including mine) impassable. Roads could be bad in the north (Pay-de-Calais and across to Brittany) and could be exciting going down (or up) the A75. Take care.

Guest JudgeMental
pelmetman - 2012-02-05 5:03 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-02-05 4:48 PM

Yep agree with that :D.............We live in our sun lounge with a glass roof all year round..............It would be freezing with out the log burner 8-)

I quite fancy one in the camper :-D...............Just imagine CC warden when I flash that up (lol) (lol)

chap who delivers our wood lives is in a Transit van in yard during the week, and goes home to Cambridge at weekends. only heat is the log burner, it must be like an oven...no need for insulation I would think :-D

I'm thankful that we came back to sunny Perigord last week from The South Coast, the wind around the Golfe de Lyon was spectacular.

On the journey we had several stops at France-Passion halts, universally well treated and its so interesting to discuss grapes, harvest times and soil types with genuine vintners, rather than blenders and mixers. also discovered the joy of Rouge doux for the summer if it ever arrives.

While away i made the mistake of parking with the frige vents on the windward side, couldnt use the covers because the frige was on gas   bit drafty through the kitchen cuboards esp so because we werent using the upstairs as SWMBO wasnt feeling up to the climb.

Here indoors its toasty with the Godin roaring away with the logs

Outside its a different matter we are at 260M so -5 during the day to -9 at night, keeping the pool pump on to stop it freezing under the cover. it snowed Sunday just enough to make it interesting to drive round but not enough to attract the ploughs and spreaders, the vans sitting on the drive smothered in silver screens with the fan heater on low to keep it snug.

As an aside how did we manage in the winter without insulating screens?

Guest pelmetman
T8LEY - 2012-02-07 12:36 AM

It's been 15•C in Guardamar today with wall to wall sunshine. The wind has been whistling across the Segura but it's reasonably sheltered at Camping Marjal. Oh how I don't miss the snow at home.

We'll put some in the freezer for you ;-)

Hi, Folks,

you always hear me complain about the wet weather here in Mold, N. Wales. Surprise, surprise, No snow as yet. Had some freezing cold temperatures and some nice blue skies but no snow. Oh how I miss slipping and sliding the car up and down Flint Mountain with that feeling of trepidation that this time you may not make it.

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2012-02-07 8:25 PM

According to the weather forecast, we're getting more snow on Thursday/Friday ... oh joy!

Why, oh why, oh why didn't we go to Spain as originally planned!!!! *-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-)

Don't forget Mel you "old" retired people have to very careful in the snow.................... and make sure your wrapped up warm...........have you got a neighbour who can come in and check you're OK? :D

Mel B - 2012-02-07 8:25 PM

According to the weather forecast, we're getting more snow on Thursday/Friday ... oh joy!

Why, oh why, oh why didn't we go to Spain as originally planned!!!! *-) *-) *-) *-) *-) *-)

Quite a few spare pitches down here Mel, if you could stand the brightness of the sun at this time of year. (lol) (lol)

Archived