Burstner solano roof window

Drransom

Guest JudgeMental

Julie its pretty obvious to anyone with an open mind why you would want to get your motorhome undercover. There are a lot of old duffers on here struggling with dementia...I see that you have meet a few already! :D

Just be thankful Wilf not on your jury or worse still your Judge *-)

The van is now at a place where we are happy it will be fixed.

Just have one final Query to Wilf about his posts. When you said 'I feel I must have in in someway have upset Shaun(mispelt) or yourself'.

How did you know my husbands name? Considering I had never mentioned his name at that point.

Just something that had been bugging me!!

Drransom - 2012-02-19 8:19 PM

Just have one final Query to Wilf about his posts. When you said 'I feel I must have in in someway have upset Shaun(mispelt) or yourself'.

How did you know my husbands name? Considering I had never mentioned his name at that point.

He's your next door neighbour and you really shouldn't have objected to his planning request! :-D

Drransom - 2012-02-19 8:19 PM

Glad you're getting it sorted... ;-)

..as for "Wilf" knowing your hubby's name...well,seeing as "he" seems to be such a stickler for details,I assume that he probably picked that up from the full email address that you posted on your other thread..? :-S

(..it would be worth contacting a mod' and getting that removed..)

pepe63 - 2012-02-22 2:36 PM

..as for "Wilf" knowing your hubby's name...well,seeing as "he" seems to be such a stickler for details,I assume that he probably picked that up from the full email address that you posted on your other thread..? :-S

.....I believe that was posted after "Wilf's" reference.

Robinhood - 2012-02-22 2:52 PM

pepe63 - 2012-02-22 2:36 PM

.....I believe that was posted after "Wilf's" reference.

Ooh yes! :$

..so the plot thickens... (lol)

Guest JudgeMental

Errrrr.......We Know her husband is probably a Dr Ransom and his wife is Julie :-S That they live in Bryncethin, South Wales, *-) and we also know their contact details/email address8-)

I would not be surprised if someone was not playing with their bank accounts and savings at this very moment, if they are anything like as lazy with their passwords, as they are with security on an open forum! :-|

JudgeMental - 2012-02-22 5:14 PM

Errrrr.......We Know her husband is probably a Dr Ransom and his wife is Julie :-S That they live in Bryncethin, South Wales, *-) and we also know their contact details/email address8-)

I think you are a bit confused about her husband's name (given the quoted email address ;-) ), but there is certainly enough to provide considerably more info than has been posted.

It pays to take care what you post, and we are all prone to letting slip info that can more fully identify us and our location. :-S

Guest JudgeMental
Robinhood - 2012-02-22 5:30 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-02-22 5:14 PM

I think you are a bit confused about her husband's name (given the quoted email address ;-) ), but there is certainly enough to provide considerably more info than has been posted.

It pays to take care what you post, and we are all prone to letting slip info that can more fully identify us and our location. :-S

i could not be arsed looking for email address, the above was only a rough example of stupidity.... Anyway must rush I think I see wilf peering through my window.... *-)

.....I think an accusation of stupidity is a bit strong! :-S

The OP posted on here looking for advice, and hopefully has received it.

Everyone shows a bit of lack of care on here from time to time. There is little content posted by Drransom here that is not mirrored by large numbers of people; the one thing I would counsel is not putting an undisguised email address in body text, as it makes it easier for "spambots" to trawl.

(email addresses are easily obtainable for some other forum members by checking the profile, and many have pretty revealing locations readily viewable)

"Wilf" however, has been singulalrly unrevealing on any of his background (except of course by inference). ;-)

I have just been reading this post and I thought I would have my two penny worth.

Polyplastic acrylic solutions are a company based in Rotterdam The Netherlands. They supply acrylic windows to the caravan and motothome trade; both abroad and in the UK. There was historically a problem with a batch of windows produced some years ago. The reported faults being the delamination / separation of inner and outer window layers and the inner and outer window layers rubbing together causing internal marking resulting in water ingress and distortion with misting in the centre.

Polyplastic and Burstner recognised there was a problem with some windows on motorhomes and caravans produced between 1998 and 2005.

I understand the poster’s Burstner was produced in 2007 so would on first glance would not appear to fall within the time range of the fault, 1998 and 2005.

Some years ago a dealer tried to sell me a six month old Pilote. The Pilote was first registered six months previously and on checking it had been at their dealership for two years before it was registered. So a 2007 registered Burstner or any other make of motorhome may have been made some considerable time before.

The Burstner chassic number (that’s not the base vehicle VIN number) will be able to tell if that vehicle has a fault with it windows. The number will be in the format WBU-000-0000-00-0-0000. The WBU could also be VGF or VFW. You can check your vehicle for a recall on the following link:-

http://www.polyplastic-pass.nl/english/index.php

The UK part of the company is Miriad Products Ltd Mr. R. Toon Eastern Avenue Burton-on-Trent Staffs DE13 OBB Tel. 01283511883 Fax. 01283511329

Hope this helps you and any other Burstner owners.

PS The Burstner chassic number can be found on a plate near the habitation door.

Thanks for all your posts, made us laugh. !! Yes, stupidly put e mail on but have seen many other posts with this on too., have asked administrator to see if can remove but no response yet!.

Had checked prior to this and my e mail was not visible so the plot thickens!!

Checked the chassis too and no luck there either.

Drransom - 2012-02-24 10:49 PM

Thanks for all your posts, made us laugh. !! Yes, stupidly put e mail on but have seen many other posts with this on too., have asked administrator to see if can remove but no response yet!.

Had checked prior to this and my e mail was not visible so the plot thickens!!

Checked the chassis too and no luck there either.

Too late, babe - how are the cats?

Archived