Skipton campsite recommendation

LordThornber

I've mentioned this place before, I believe it is the nearest site, (please note, site, not CL which is in my view horrendously overpriced), to Skipton, it being about a 15 min (max) walk into the Town.

The reason I have brought it up again is that they've updated their website to include online booking, a useful tool for some, certainly us.

For those of you who wish to enjoy this lovely Market Town and are happy to stay (and pay) for a site, I recommend this to you.

http://www.tarnhouse.net/index.php

Martyn

With respect Marydot, how did you manage that when the max price is £17.50 per night?

Have you not clicked 2 nights by mistake?

Or have you added awnings, extra people, extra dogs etc and even then you'd be stretched to get it to £35 a night.

I'd hate anyone to get the idea that this is a £35 a night site when it's £15.

Martyn

Hi Martyn, Just done a doodle 8-) Arrive 23/03/12. leave 27/03/12 = four nights, hardstanding with EHU £60.

Week after (Easter Weekend) Arrive Friday 30/03/12. leave 03/04/12 = four nights. no hardstanding, no awning but with EHU. £88

as above Easter- with hardstanding & awning + EHU. £96.

The above is for 5.95 mtr M/H & 2 persons.

Dave

Hi Dave, yes premium times, i.e. Easter you've shown as dearer. I didn't look at anything like that, (we never travel at such times).

For us then it's £15 a night min, £17.50 max. If I'm not mistaken there are no none elec pitches, although there may be a reduction if you asked not to use it perhaps?

We stay regularly, it's a very nice relaxing spot and a nice mooch into Skipton, bit of a pull back up the hill on your return or £3 ish for a cab.

Martyn

Archived