Motorhome Facts Insurance ?

whisturx

• 8 months later...
whisturx - 2012-02-06 10:51 AM

Safeguard are quoting a reduction of £90 , and include unlimited windscreen replacement and no mileage restrictions which are are declarable with Comfort. Breakdown recovery as with Comfort has no weight restrictions

Call to Motorhome Facts next

I did the rounds looking for our insurance, Safeguard came out best for me - I think Caravan guard was slightly more expensive when you added European recovery, but they also wanted limited mileage which I wasn't prepared to do (first motorhome so didn't hwave a clue regards usage and I don't like to be limited).

Maybe it was because I was a newbie, but they were very competitive.

Try your car insurer if you have one I did and was suprised that they would cover me . I sat on an insurance fraud case as a jury member. People from Lloyds in London were called to give evidence in the case and they confirmed to the judge on a question he asked that at least 60% of any price of insurance quoted is commission paid to various parties. So I always reject the first and second offer of any quote I get. A neighbour who owns a car repair business as just been arrested along with 40 others in a cash for crash scheme that they operated..

I have a camera fitted to the front of the van and it goes in my car when the van is not being used . Great bit of kit to use in any incident.. see this video it happened to one of our Members on the tribby forum

I think case closed me Lord.. Phil

Hi

I have just come off the phone from Motorehomefacts and their cover is very good. I have gone for 10000 miles with european breakdown included. These are the quotes I have had so far for £40000 valued van:-

Safeguard renewal quote £511

CCC with breakdown £567.93

caravanguard £388.50 but breakdown starts a mile from home?

Saga £393.28

MHF £341.80 10,000mls (or £308 8,000mls)

I am now going to study the policies but MHF have reasured me about all the cover and they are with Aviva as said earlier.

Chris

JudgeMental - 2012-02-06 10:38 PM

fairweather camper - 2012-02-06 7:53 PM

I am also insured by Saga, i too receive no spam or unwanted emails, and very competative on price and cover

I think you as well as others are missing the point...it is those among us who have not signed up who get hounded.....

Dead right Eddie, used to get bombarded with it but now have both cars insured with them and no more spam, couldn't get anywhere near their quotes with anyone else. Motorhome is still with Comfort.

chris - 2012-10-31 4:16 PM

Hi

I have just come off the phone from Motorehomefacts and their cover is very good. I have gone for 10000 miles with european breakdown included. These are the quotes I have had so far for £40000 valued van:-

Safeguard renewal quote £511

CCC with breakdown £567.93

caravanguard £388.50 but breakdown starts a mile from home?

Saga £393.28

MHF £341.80 10,000mls (or £308 8,000mls)

I am now going to study the policies but MHF have reasured me about all the cover and they are with Aviva as said earlier.

Chris

At £226 between the worst and best quote it looks to be a no brainer......MHF here you come!

Archived