Chrome Dash Air Vent Surrounds For Fiat Ducato

Frank McAuley

lennyhb - 2012-02-05 7:01 PM

They are fitted by Fiat from September 2011 so you should be able to get them from a Fiat dealer. Also a lot of continental converters fit them our Hymer has them.

The chrome-look bits are part of the Ducato "Techno" trim option

http://www.fiatprofessionalpress.com/press/detail/11288

(Yuck - just thinking about chrome-effect dashboard air-vents has made me feel quite queasy!)

lennyhb - 2012-02-05 8:56 PM

They have a matt metallic finish very occasionally you get a bit of a refection in the windscreen not enough to worry about. If they weren't already there I wouldn't have them, I can't see the point of retro fitting them.

Obviously Frank has his reasons for wanting them, but to me its just 'bling' the same as some men who wear gold medallions ... not that I'm suggesting that Frank does of course!!!! :D

Yes- might consider it worth a try: couldn't do any harm!! My mhome has them factory fitted and they prevent the BRODIT gps bracket from fitting securely so I was considering surgery.ie removing the offending part of the chrome surround but- knowing my luck- I priced a replacement with Autotrail ( in case of accidents): £44 + !!!

I shall now try Fiat so thankyou very much. BTW these chrome surrounds rule out the use of BRODIT brackets for Fiat Ducatos as they're not interested in modifying the specific brackets!

Thanks again folks.

Brian Kirby - 2012-02-05 7:22 PM

I'm sure I read a recent test of a van so equipped, and the tester commented about them making annoying reflections in the windscreen. Seems at least possible. Try before you buy?

Having anything shiny on a vehicle's dashboard seems an illogical idea to me. My neighbour (who has no interest whatsoever in the technical aspects of vehicles) recently swapped his Vauxhall Vectra for an Insignia. The Insignia has chrome 'enhancements' on its dashboard and he mentioned to me that these are particularly distracting when driving on lit motorways, when the reflective chrome bits 'flash' every time the car passes under a light.

Archived