80 Watt Solar Panels

Geoff Tuckley

Just received my Solar Panel as promoted by Dr. Dave. I am chuffed with it and now have plenty to do in designing and making an A frame for it to stand free and I shall have to lengthen the leads to the control unit from the panel.

As was stated somewhere before, the panel came from Germany and has arrived in a couple of days while the control unit which is coming all the way from UK has not arrived yet.

and now have plenty to do in designing and making an A frame for it to stand free

Hi Geoff,

Your post suggests that your new solar panel will be free standing? Is this correct or will it be attached to the roof so as to be easily removed when you change vans? I have an aversion to leaving expensive extras behind when part-exchanging.

John :-D

Cattwg - 2012-02-11 4:55 PM

and now have plenty to do in designing and making an A frame for it to stand free

Hi Geoff,

Your post suggests that your new solar panel will be free standing? Is this correct or will it be attached to the roof so as to be easily removed when you change vans? I have an aversion to leaving expensive extras behind when part-exchanging.

John :-D

Don't be silly-he's going to tow it behind. Be aware though people are being stopped and fined for this in Spain

Mike

And France now!

Who is going to be the first company to make a car trailer that folds into a small envelope when not in use? Must be something for the A frame makers to do if they want to remain in business I guess.

UK soon then!!

C.

Ours is fixed flat to the top of the van, Im not sure Id trust one stood outside all night :-S it isnt tilted at all and last summer which was the first year both batteries where showing fully charged most of the time, we ran our television,hairdryer,charges for phone,camera etc, we hooked up at one site and a man we were talking to asked why?? so from then on we never bothered with hook up and ran the fridge on gas, that was no problem as we have refillable lpg which if we found a garage easy enough and is a lot cheaper than calor bottles.

Hiya, Mike B & Co.

Yes I will only be using the panel when on rally meets in uk as there is usually no hookup available. I am making an aluminium frame to fasten the solar panel in and will chain the frame around the motorhome towbar. Never had any kind of a problem on rally sites and do not expect to as the average person seems to be pretty good. I suppose it is still possible for some scroat to stroll in and thieve something, hence the security bit.

Archived