Welfare benefit changes

nightrider

I have heard through a third party so don't quote me on it, from next year the government are going to change the way welfare benefits are to be paid, all benefits, rent, community charges etc etc are going to be paid directly to the claiment on a monthly basis.

It will be upto the claiment to diligently pay his rent and CC etc to his landlord or the council, what do you think the outcome will be? do you think that all claiments will pay their dues? I dont,

Bailiffs will be working overtime to recoup the money that should have been paid out by feckless claiments.

It has been like that for a while now Malc, tenants in both our houses have benefit paid direct to them, they then pay the rent into our account.

However, your friend could well be right because a couple of years ago when they changed the rules to affect new tenants, existing ones could continue to have the rent paid direct to the landlord. It's probably them that will see these changes.

Absolutely stupid in my eyes, the temptation to spend whet they have instead of paying the rent is obvious, and with all the difficulties a landlord has in evicting non paying tenants, this will only make the situation worse.

Guest 1footinthegrave
That will upset a friend of mine big time if it is true, as by choice he has always had HB tenants rather that hoping that the non benefit claimant upright citizens will pay their way, as they often didn't. I was for a short time a benefit claimant and I can tell you overnight I became a different person never paid my dues and trashed everywhere I lived, God almighty talk about a prejudiced point of view. If I was you I'd get out of the rental sector rather than have the worry.

Archived