Lillypad leisure awning rooms

gordonhymer

Guest pelmetman

We have them and are very pleased.............but you need to accept they are just wind blockers and also provide shade............if it pee's down with rain it will still get through albeit as a fine mist, but they dry very quickly :D

What we like about them is they're light weight quick to put up and make the awning a more comfortable place in a breeze, I have also made a short windbreak to stop the draft from under the van............We have a Drive away awning which we use if on site for a while ;-)

The picture shows us with the short front screen with a gap for the door..........I have since had a full width screen made as we were surprised how much draught came through the door gap 8-)

DSCN2109web.jpg.7824d3fcb70e7f0c91c627da0d437b6e.jpg

Guest pelmetman
Mel B - 2012-02-07 8:33 PM

Dave ... you could've cropped the picture so we don't have to see your 'smalls' on the clothes horse! :$

They're not my smalls.............I only wear bigs ;-)

On account of my fat a***e :$

I agree with Dave,

Possibly the BEST addition we have bought for the van.

Lightweight (about 3 kg for front & 2 sides), minimum storage space (less than a Cu Ft) & I've fitted clips in the garage roof to take the side poles.

They let in most of the light, keep out all the wind (upto where you would need to wind in the awning anyway) Easy to fit up & down. (for a short a**e, like me) & they dry very quickly.

Ours are still as good as new after 4 seasons use.

We often only fit one side panel, Wind side, leaving the other end fully open.

Hoping to get the skirt at the next show. This wasn't available when we purchased the Windblockers in 2008.

Only downside IMO - not suitable for extra sleeping accomodation.

I agree also, a very good buy. You can see through them, they do keep the wind out, shade from the sun, and stop rain from blowing under the awning. I modified mine slightly. I fitted toggles and elastic loops so that I could attach the sides to the front. I did not like the fiddly side poles with their clamps, so I removed the clamps and fitted compression springs into the larger diameter poles, that made them spring loaded telescopic, much easier to fit, and they could move slightly with the awning in the wind if need be.

Brian B.

ps I should have said, we bought ours as two sides and a front.

We bought a set of these (two sides and a front) and so far we have only used one side and then the front but not together.

We had one side up once when it got quite gusty and it whipped the pole and panel down and on inspection, the pole was badly damaged and had to be replaced. I suppose the moral is to have all 3 sections up to stop that happening again.

We like ours very much too.

Archived