Dripping taps in Autosleeper Symphony

RichardS

Has anyone here had this problem? We bought a second hand Symphony 2 years ago (it is a 1995 model). When we bought it if the pump was on the showeroom sink tap and the shower head were watertight. After about a years use the showeroom sink tap started dripping, causing the pump to start up regularly and wasting water. I bought a new tap from Autosleepers, which cured the problem. On our last trip out the new tap started dripping, and the shower now needs to be turned off at the taps on the wall, otherwise the showerhead drips. The kitchen tap however is fine. Has any one had/fixed this problem, or have any suggestions Thanks Richard

It's possibly lime-scale on the tap's sealing arrangement that is causing it to drip. If the tap is made by Whale then you may be able to pull it apart and clean/replace the necessary bits, otherwise it sounds like you'll need another new tap. I'm guessing that the shower-head is the trigger-operated model A-S traditionally use. I don't think these can be disassembled (I never found a way to dismantle the one I had) so you'll probably need to replace it.

Archived