Double Skillet.

Dr Dave

Hi Dave

It was one of the first things I bought when we got our Chausson! Very good - I can confirm that you can make beautifully tasty chicken and roast tatties in it in no time at all ... we got 'addicted' to them when we were in France and had at least one a week!!! They also cook pizza very well and also toasted sarnies and scrumptious.

If you do a search of the forum you'll find quite a few postings about them. :-D

My cook tells me that they are excellent.

However, in a recent post, after the Manchester Show it was suggested that the ladies who took these to shows are retiring and it seems that the double skillets may not be around any more.

There is still a website for " Double Skillet " so maybe they are still available.

Does anyone know for sure ?

:-(

This has been around a few times ................ check "search" facility.

Website still exists http://www.doubleskillet.com/ but shows listed are for 2010

Cart works ............... did not get as far as paying!

I have a large one, and it's great. However takes up a lot of space on hob (2 ring) and have thought of getting a small one as well - easier to have a kettle on at the same time

Another thing that has been round on the forums a few times is the Cobb BBQ. Got one of these last summer (not cheap) - might also be worth checking out if you are out and about most of the time in warm dry places, where barbequing is practical. :-D

An excellent addition to our kit. It is another item that “does what it says on the tin”.

Our (or to be more accurate my wife’s) cooking set consist of a large size double skillet, one small saucepan and a colander; and she does a lot of cooking when we are away for 7 or 8 weeks touring. We bought our first one about 15 years ago and are now on our second.

It’s worth buying the heat diffuser to enable pies to be heated and jacket potatoes to be cooked successfully.

One tip, when travelling do not put the glass lid upside-down in one of the pans (unless you use some padding) – the lid's handle will wear away the non-stick.

Cattwg :-D

• 3 weeks later...
I see D&F Promotions aka " Mrs Double Skillet" are listed as exhibitors at the Peterborough show but not so far at Newbury. So perhaps it is not quite the end of an era but that she is cutting back. Good on her but perhaps now is the time to buy or replace before it is too late though I would have thought someone would want to take over the business.

Mine is very stained and hubby tried to remove a piece of stuck on food with his fingernail - bless him - and he has removed part of the non stick completely. It seems it is a very, very thin layer and needs to be treated extremely cautiously.

Bought mine last March at the Newark Show :-S

Archived