Barry Steele - Roy Orbison

Lord Braykewynde

Went to see this chap last night and we also saw him a year ago. For anyone who likes Roy Orbison I thoroughly recommend him and he's worth going to see. His backing group are also brilliant especially the keyboard player.

His show is called Roy Orbison and Friends. Last night the friends were two chaps, one doing an Elvis tribute and the other Johnny Cash. Sometimes another appears as Billy Fury. These are also brilliant. Regarding Barry Steele if you close your eyes you can't tell the difference between him and the Big O.

The video is good but doesn't quite do it justice like the accoustics of a good theatre.

http://www.barrysteele.com click downloads for the direct YouTube video.

It especially made my night when they sang two songs from when Roy was a member of the supergroup, the Traveling Wilburys, End Of The Line and Handle With Care :-)

Why people like these haven't got a higher profile I don't know when you see some artists that are supposed to be talented are more in the public eye.

I saw Roy Orbison on stage in Southampton way back in the early sixties when he was touring with the Beatles and he was top of the bill just as they exploded onto the sceen. Always liked his music. I had better dust that CD off I have of his hits!

David

Archived