Autotrail Sargent Display

lancepar

Hi,

The internal temp' reading is a lot higher than it should be and Sargent say the unit can be returned for repair and upgrade etc.

Being a messer I notice that now the unit is out, that on the back of the circuit board is a variable resister. Does anybody know if this is used to set the value of the bead thermistor, as I don't want to tweak it and disturb some other setting*-)

BTW - no external probe on my MH.

Cheers

B-)

It's stating the obvious, but you might try asking Sargent. The company has a good reputation for customer-friendliness and I've seen postings from Sargent on the MotorHomeFacts forum offering advice on their products.

I believe your motorhome is a 2005 model and, if the only thing problematical with its Sargent unit is that it's producing an overly high read-out of the vehicle's interior temperature, I personally wouldn't bother spending money on a repair/upgrade - I'd wait until the thing goes really wrong!

Hi Lancepar (BTW is it just Lance ?),

Have you tried 're-setting' your control panel?

Simply un-plug for a few seconds then re-connect and see if that makes any difference. This is the official way to re-set the panel if you have any faults showing.

A question on your temp sensor, do you know exactly where the sensor is mounted or is it on the panel? If high up or on the panel then it may well read higher than you expect as warm air rises.

Keith.

Hi All,

Yes it is Lance not the push biker though :-D

The temp display is reading way to high, like today with the door open (no heat on) it reads about 24C, if I touch the thermistor bead with my finger, the display rises.

I did have a tweek but measured the resistance first and the position of the adjuster, but moving it made no difference, maybe its the VR that has failed.

Anyway I've meddled enough now and its off to Sargent for attention, I'm looking and sorting problems the supplier missed that need attention under the warranty, before we start using the MH.

And fitting some new kit as well.

Cheers

B-)

Archived