What a farce

Lord Braykewynde

A British person who was convicted of rape in 1999 is now being released and deported to the UK where he was born.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-17009438

This is after another recent case where a man, who had lived in Australia since the age of 4, and having no connections with this country, was deported back here.

This just goes to show we are the worlds refuse tip and not having a government with a spine for a long time will continue to be so.

The last, and present, government kow tow to those across the channel, so much so that they are frightened of taking charge of our own laws and they follow the European Court and ECHR like lapdogs.

Even the Italians have more spine than our government in having deported two suspected terrorists to Tunisia despite the ECHR rulings that they can't. The ECHR then fined them but they ignored both rulings.

It makes me puke to see how this once proud country is now the worlds laughing stock and this doesn't just mean deportations. Look at India and Argentina. We hardly have any friends left as neither do kids who get bullied.

Cameron is all wind with no substance. Time for a change at the top.

pelmetman - 2012-02-13 10:27 AM

Its funny to think though that we used to send our undesirables to Australia................and now they send them back 8-)

That's a point.

If anyone stole a loaf of bread they would be sent to Australia.

Anyone who couldn't spell was sent to America.

;-)

That's a point.

If anyone stole a loaf of bread they would be sent to Australia.

Anyone who couldn't spell was sent to America.

;-)

In researching my family tree, I discovered that a relative was deported to Van Diemans land (now Tasmania) for stealing a loaf of bread from his employer , to feed his family.

No HUMAN RIGHTS in those days, family left behind to fend for them selves

I agree with your comments re the Government. I suspect many of us voted for them in he belief they could not be as bad as Blair and Co, but we were wrong. Now we have the Libby Demmies telling us what to do when they got as many votes as Yogi Bear. Come to think of it if Yogi did stand he would get more votes than the Libbies any day.

Now, I do not wish to get into any talk about the blo..y referendum, but watching all this lot does make me weep. However, having watched the TV i now know we lost our empire with the fall of Singapore, and from some of the stories, it was not really a surprise. Even Australia in 1941 decided to align themselves with the US rather than the UK, so the seeds were sown a long time back.

However, just because we have lost an empire does not mean we have to be snivelling wimps for the rest of our lives or do the Italians have more backbone than us?

This is a difficult one because as far as I am concerned - put the bugger on a plane and drop him off in Jordan - with or without a parachute.

We certainly do not want him here.

However that said - I also understand that the old saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

As for Italy breaking the rules - a) I have a sneaky admiration for them doing so. b) Part of me says - well that does not surprise me and that so doing is not "British".

CliveH - 2012-02-14 8:46 AM

However that said - I also understand that the old saying "keep your friends close and your enemies closer".

But at what cost Clive?

It will cost us tens of thousands to keep him under surveillance when it's already costing us the same in benefits for him, his missus and five sprogs.

Dump the lot of them in Jordan and bugger the ECHR. Do the same as the Italians, ignore any correspondence or fines. Show them that we mean business and if they pursue the matter leave the ECHR and draft our own legislation which Cameron, that man of action but no trousers, had promised in the Tory election manifesto.

Guest pelmetman

I'm not surprised *-)...................The European scales of justice are just as unbalanced as our own *-)..........

They have more concern for the criminal than the victim 8-)

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-02-14 12:34 PM

But at what cost Clive?

It will cost us tens of thousands to keep him under surveillance when it's already costing us the same in benefits for him, his missus and five sprogs.

Dump the lot of them in Jordan and bugger the ECHR. Do the same as the Italians, ignore any correspondence or fines. Show them that we mean business and if they pursue the matter leave the ECHR and draft our own legislation which Cameron, that man of action but no trousers, had promised in the Tory election manifesto.

I know what you mean LB - and I am not in a position to say what the cost/opportunity cost would be.

But to have such an absolute $hit here in the UK under effective house arrest may be better than allowing that same $hit to perhaps be set free because the Jordanians cannot convict him as their evidence has been undermined.

His capacity to drum up hatred is well known.

I do think consideration should be given to his ability to do that in the UK where it can be shown we have treated him to the law of the land - exactly the same laws that he wishes to ignore for we Brits, the Yanks and of course the Jews.

The fact that he lives here within our system seeking protection from those nasty Jordanians indicates to me that he is a total $hite.

I think with what is going on in the Arab world right now, the Arab Spring with NATO being praised by Libyans for our role in getting rid of another $hit and the Russians and Chinese getting all sorts of flack from Arab states re their support of Assad and his despicable Syrian regime - moderate Arabs will see our actions as honourable.

The last thing they need is a corpulant pile of puss dropped into their midst to promote his vile $hite.

I believe that any moderate Arab will see this man for what he is a vile unprincipled bigot who scrounges benefits from us whilst profesing to hate us and all that we stand for will hardly provide him with Martyr status so exulted by the extremists.

I know it is hard - but in this instance - I really to believe that "turning the other cheek" could well be a better longer term option than the knee jerk one.

I doubt that he would be freed if returned to Jordan as he has already received a conviction 'in absentia'. I also really could not care less if the Jordanians decide at a later date that his food consumption is not acceptable and give him the bullet, literally. I also think that trying to state we have a superior legal system is believing in fairies. If that were indeed the case then all the guilty would be in jail and the innocents victims would be at peace. Instead the guilty are still in Westminster, banks and most of our local authorities spending our money like it is our of fashion and claiming huge pensions to boot, while the innocents are harried to their deaths in frequent occasions.

I am not religious but i believe there is a saying somewhere that goes' let him without sin cast the first stone'. All countries have systems that are a mix of good and bad and we should not try to pick and mix. After all the US considers itself the guardian of all things good, yet their system stinks of hypocrisy and bias. If the EU thinks Jordan is not civilised, then let them say so and see what happens to the glorious German/EU export market.

Cameron should tell them, if he ever found his cojones, that the UK is a distinct nation and we do as we feel is best by our own system..................but he wont' as Gleggie will not allow it and we all know who is running the country don't we?

AFAIUI On the statute books, Treason is still a hanging offence.

So why release him, send the Police round, to pick him up & put him back inside awaiting trial for treason against the State

EHU would then have to come off their cushioned fence & decide if we finish him off here or send him back to Jordan for his nome nation to do it.

And a he is not a UK National, reject all claims for Legal Aid, he can pay for his defense out of the Benefits he has already had.

flicka - 2012-02-14 8:35 PM

And a he is not a UK National, reject all claims for Legal Aid, he can pay for his defense out of the Benefits he has already had.

Treason is some extreme act / acts against ones' own nation.

How could we try him for ' treason' when he is not a UK National ?

:-|

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-02-14 3:54 PM

CliveH - 2012-02-14 2:23 PM

I really to believe that "turning the other cheek" could well be a better longer term option than the knee jerk one.

You're probably right regarding the knee jerk Clive, right in the nuts and then when he's doubled up a bullet in the back of the head :-)

(lol) (lol) (lol)

malc d - 2012-02-14 10:15 PM

I stand corrected, Malc.

I thought Treason was against the State in which the person resided :-(

flicka - 2012-02-14 10:41 PM

malc d - 2012-02-14 10:15 PM

I stand corrected, Malc.

I thought Treason was against the State in which the person resided :-(

As I understand someone who is non-domicilled in the UK but Resident here can be guilty of Treason. The exception being the uniformed soldiers of an invading force.

This is from Wiki (shock horror! - what will RH say!!!!) (lol) (lol)

"An alien resident in the United Kingdom owes allegiance to the Crown, and may be prosecuted for high treason. The only exception is an enemy lawful combatant in wartime, e.g. a uniformed enemy soldier on British territory."

CliveH - 2012-02-14 11:06 PM

....well. given that you could have used the following attributed quote from the BBC (a generally more reliable, but still not infallible source), I'd say it proves my point. B-)

"Treason can only be committed by someone owing allegiance to the Crown, but nationals of friendly foreign countries do owe such allegiance while they are within the realm, as do foreign nationals abroad who have British passports."

Ministry of Justice

I've just read that the estimated cost of keeping this scrote in the country due to surveillance is £10k per week. But get this. They are also supplying him with protection in case someone tries to bump him off >:-(

This figure doesn't take into account his benefits for keeping the seven of them which is considerable.

Boris Johnson says it is "eccentric" to have 60 police officers on duty to guard Abu Qatada 24 hours a day in north London.

BBC more reliable than Wiki? I hardly think so. The BBC has a well rocognised bias.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/media/tv-radio/bbc-to-issue-global-apology-for-documentaries-that-broke-rules-6719997.html

It is also well know for running documentaries without revealing the source of the funding for them.

I am not saying Wiki is all sweetness amd light - far from it - but Robin - if you think the BBC is any better you need to take the blinkers off old son.

This from the Independent - Saturday 11 February 2012 - and yes it is a quote (lol) (lol)

"The BBC will today apologise to an estimated 74 million people around the world for a news fixing scandal, exposed by The Independent, in which it broadcast documentaries made by a London TV company that was earning millions of pounds from PR clients which it featured in its programming.

The Independent exposed last year in an investigation into the global television news industry how the BBC paid nominal fees of as little as £1 for programmes made by FBC Media (UK), whose PR client list included foreign governments and multinational companies. The company made eight pieces for the BBC about Malaysia while failing to declare it was paid £17m by the Malaysian government for "global strategic communications". The programmes included positive coverage of Malaysia's controversial palm oil industry."

Quote ...

In its apology, the BBC will say: "A small number of programmes broadcast on BBC World News between February 2009 and July 2011 broke BBC rules aimed at protecting our editorial integrity. These rules ensure that programmes are free, and are seen to be free, from commercial or other outside pressures."

That doesn't stop them spouting off their left wing bias Clive or their political correct dogma :-)

Indeed it does not LB - sorry to get on my soap box again re Global Warming (off topic I know 8-) ) but only recently this other story re dodgy money funding the Advocasy of the BBC on this matter was exposed. This particular quote is from the dear old Daily Mail which along with the Daily Express and Dellingpole of the Telegraph have been some of the few MSM outlets that actually dared to question the ridiculous "The Science is Settled" bull$hit from the likes of the BBC.

Again - shock horror probe - this is a quote!! (lol)

"BBC's Mr Climate Change and £15,000 grants from university rocked by global warning scandal

By David Rose- Daily Mail.

Created 10:10 PM on 19th November 2011

A senior BBC journalist accepted £15,000 to fund seminars from the university at the heart of the 'Climategate' scandal – and later went on to cover the story without declaring an interest to viewers..

Roger Harrabin, the BBC’s ‘environment analyst’, used the money from the University of East Anglia’s Tyndall Centre for Climate Change Research to fund an ‘ad hoc’ partnership he ran with a friend.

Mr Harrabin, an influential figure who both broadcasts and advises other BBC journalists, later reported extensively about Climategate. The scandal erupted two years ago when emails were leaked from the Tyndall Centre’s sister department, the Climatic Research Unit at the same university."

The BBC is seen to be agenda driven by a few on a mission - not unlike Wiki then - but at least with Wiki you get a list of references that can and should be checked out. With the BBC you just get the hubris - "Trust us - we are the BBC".

Robinhood - 2012-02-15 7:31 AM

CliveH - 2012-02-14 11:06 PM

....well. given that you could have used the following attributed quote from the BBC (a generally more reliable, but still not infallible source), I'd say it proves my point. B-)

"Treason can only be committed by someone owing allegiance to the Crown, but nationals of friendly foreign countries do owe such allegiance while they are within the realm, as do foreign nationals abroad who have British passports."

Ministry of Justice

But sure illegal immigrants like this bloke can't commit treason ?

And they don't seem able to charge him with anything in this country - let alone treason.

Hopefully he will be followed when he goes out, in case he drops litter.

Then we'll get 'im !

The worlds gone mad ( as they say ).

;-)

CliveH - 2012-02-14 2:23 PM

...I think with what is going on in the Arab world right now, the Arab Spring with NATO being praised by Libyans for our role in getting rid of another $hit and the Russians and Chinese getting all sorts of flack from Arab states re their support of Assad and his despicable Syrian regime - moderate Arabs will see our actions as honourable.....

.....I believe that any moderate Arab will see this man for what he is a vile unprincipled bigot who scrounges benefits from us whilst profesing to hate us and all that we stand for will hardly provide him with Martyr status so exulted by the extremists.

I know it is hard - but in this instance - I really to believe that "turning the other cheek" could well be a better longer term option than the knee jerk one.

Although I would agree with the above points...

...I can't help but ask myself, "where does it all stop?"..at what point do we say "..hang on!..we're being taken for fools here!"... :-S

If someone is found to be somewhere they shouldn't be(...as in this case. gained access by using a false/forged passport etc),then what on earth is stopping them from being fired straight back out again?

(..the timescales involved in these sorts of cases,astound me! :-S )

I am uncomfortable with the fact that we've kept him detained for so long,without any charge though...?

Jeeez..they can mangae to get John Terry up in court for "racial abuse" *-) ,so surely they can pin something on this bloke...? (..having said that,having spent so many years detained,he'd probably walk clear by now anyway...)

High moral values are all well and good("it's what makes us better than them" etc) but sooner or later,you(WE) have to say enough is enough...

Send him back...and then just face what the EU courts "impose" later...

Archived