Germany LEZ

keefkaff

Travelling through Germany in May and could do with some advice on the easiest method of obtaining a plakette for the German LEZ system. I would prefer to have one before we entered Germany so thay we don't stray into one of these dreaded areas.

thanks for any help

Keith

keefkaff - 2012-02-14 5:15 PM

Travelling through Germany in May and could do with some advice on the easiest method of obtaining a plakette for the German LEZ system. I would prefer to have one before we entered Germany so thay we don't stray into one of these dreaded areas.

thanks for any help

Keith

Do a search berlin.de enviromental sticker which should find it, cannot remember the web address. 6 euros.

.....as referenced above, probably the best and most cost-effective way to buy in advance (at very little more than buying locally in Germany) is via the Berlin authorities site at:

https://www.berlin.de/labo/kfz/dienstleistungen/feinstaubplakette.shop.en.php

...where, as long as you have a way of scanning or photographing your V5C to attach to the request, you can pay by credit card, and receive the appropriate sticker in the post.

I (and everyone who has posted about using this site) received very prompt service.

Thanks Wanderbirds and Robinhood. I have applied to the Berlin site. Had a bit of difficulty getting the scan of the reg document down below 2mb but managed it using MWSnap. Winzip did not not reduce it at all. Great advice you gave.

thanks

Keith

Archived