What's the best extra you've bought for/added to your MH?

BGD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Tracker

1 The wife!

2 Sat nav.

3 Extra leisure battery.

4 Solar panel.

5 Duvalays

6 Big box of tap adapters to fit almost every tap known to mankind!

7 Fitted carpet for warm feet!

8 Built in cupboard to hide TV without having to move it.

9 Proper wing mounted external radio aerial.

10 Bedside shelves to hold morning (or evening) cuppa tea.

Cruise Control. The first time I drove abroad on those long empty roads on my way to the Algarve, I got dreadful cramp in my 'throttle' leg. I had to keep lifting off the pedal and waving my leg around to ease the pain. Of course the speed would then drop and I'd have to floor the pedal to get up to speed.

On my return I got the cruise control fitted and its an absolute blessing. I use it all the time, even in the UK. 

The airbag spring assisters are a recent addition and they have also transformed the handling to the good.

Guest Tracker
bob b - 2012-02-14 6:19 PM

Cruise Control. The first time I drove abroad on those long empty roads on my way to the Algarve, I got dreadful cramp in my 'throttle' leg. I had to keep lifting off the pedal and waving my leg around to ease the pain. Of course the speed would then drop and I'd have to floor the pedal to get up to speed.

On my return I got the cruise control fitted and its an absolute blessing. I use it all the time, even in the UK. 

The airbag spring assisters are a recent addition and they have also transformed the handling to the good.

Yes of course - well spotted Bob - forgot about that as mine came with it already fitted and it would go in at number 3 on my list!

Guest pelmetman

Low voltage electric heater ;-)

But going back 20 years my car phone that I had cloned and put in the camper was very useful.................remember that?.........before mobiles (lol) (lol)

IN THIS VAN:

I'd agree with Richard's nos 1 (of course!) 2 and 6, but also an extra length of hose (plus connecting widget) so on most CSs/Aires I can fill up without moving! I don't keep it on a reel (takes too much space) just rolled up tight in a compartment under the floor. I also carry one of those roll-up water bags with a length of hose attached to the tap, and a couple of hooks to hang it from the gutter, so if I'm still too far from the supply I can always top up a bag at a time.

And a couple of collapsible buckets to empty the waste in the same situations!

IN THE OLD VAN (campervan with only cold water at the kitchen sink):

One of those little hair-washing shower thingys, adapted for one tap only. Its mounting bracket was outside the kitchen window, so in hot weather (Italy, S France etc) we could have a cool shower in our swimming cossies!

Am I allowed all those Bruce, or is that too many?

1) Decent stove top coffee percolator for that essential dose, morning and night, and in between.

2) Kindle for the social secretary, may just prevent overloading!

3) Sat nav

4) Solar panel

5) MAD suspension

6) Refillable gas

7) Border collie that thinks its a Rottweiler

8) The next thing is a decent TV/radio sat system

I'm not going to put anything else 'cause this lot will have cost a shed load; and its me who says I'm never surprised by what people would sooner have than money!!! No wonder I'm skint, its because I'm single handed trying to kick start the economy, and the Scotch whisky industry.

Difficult to decide order as they have all been really good/ helpful, but if they have to be ranked .

1 Cruise control

2 Tom Tom GO720 TMC (earlier other make Sat Nav's were not good)

=2 Gaslow Refillables

3 Driving/ reversing camera and mirror monitor

4 Protec Cover

5 Portable free standing Solar Panel

6 External BBQ points

7 Full size folding bikes

8 Roll out sun shade Fiamma

9 Very cheap E-book reader

10 Caravan Club membership

Bas

BGD asked for the best, not all. The best for me was cruise control. I have many of the things mentioned above but to stick to one it would have to be CC. You then have a matter of opinion as to the order of other 'things' we motor home owners fit. No one can argue with any of them as to the owner they are not only good but become essential. It is good however, to read what others have done and the order they put them in. Good vanning!!

Art

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2012-02-14 6:40 PM

A wine bottle foil cutter and a corkscrew.

A cutter is not essential Colin unless your posh :D.....................I have 2 but I dont use them in public (lol) (lol)

I think for me it would be

Nature Pure

Tom Tom

BBQ point

SOG

2nd leisure battery

Solar Panel

Gaslow

For him

Cruise Control

2nd leisure battery

Solar Panel

Gaslow

Tom Tom

Those he's not bothered about are the" pink" jobs and I am not affected by his "blue jobs"

(lol)

Mandy

The van came with cruise control but it was one of the main reasons for out choice of model.

We then bought:

Awning

Bike rack

Air suspension

Gaslow

Battery master

and last but by no means least the double skillet. (there is no built in oven)

Obviously there are many other purchases but the above are the ones that have made a significant difference to how we are able to use the van.

Archived