What's the best extra you've bought for/added to your MH?

BGD

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Probably the Dunlop air spring assistors..something I would've probably lived without,to be honest,if it wasn't for the unholy noise made when pulling onto our drive(..due to "Rear bumper-to-Driveway interface issues"... *-) )

Having said that,the quick release bbq fitting that I installed in our gas bottle locker,has been really handy...

(..On the other hand the worst item(biggest waste of money) for us,was the Fiamma awning/canopy we had fitted to our first van(AS Duetto)...expensive...fragile...creaky'n'rattly...and basically a bit of a liability if used in anything other than perfectly calm conditions...and to top it all,we swapped the van 6 months later *-) )

bob b - 2012-02-14 6:19 PM

Cruise Control. The first time I drove abroad on those long empty roads on my way to the Algarve, I got dreadful cramp in my 'throttle' leg. I had to keep lifting off the pedal and waving my leg around to ease the pain. Of course the speed would then drop and I'd have to floor the pedal to get up to speed.

>

We are taking our Autotrail to get cruise control fitted on Saturday, as OH this will improve his driving experience no end. Glad someone else can verify that!

I have had cruise on every vehicle for years. I would not and could not drive without as I have sciatica which is very problematic on long journeys without cruise.

To me having a vehicle without is like living in last century a bit like having a car with wind up windows and an 8 track tape deck.

In short cruise is a must, bit like an electric blanket ....... once you have had one you will never be without :-D

pelmetman - 2012-02-14 9:24 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-02-14 6:40 PM

A wine bottle foil cutter and a corkscrew.

A cutter is not essential Colin unless your posh :D.....................I have 2 but I dont use them in public (lol) (lol)

We are. Would never dream of serving the wine with a mangled foil.

Just out of curiosity why have you got two. That's just showing off.

marydot - 2012-02-15 12:19 PM

bob b - 2012-02-14 6:19 PM

Cruise Control. The first time I drove abroad on those long empty roads on my way to the Algarve, I got dreadful cramp in my 'throttle' leg. I had to keep lifting off the pedal and waving my leg around to ease the pain. Of course the speed would then drop and I'd have to floor the pedal to get up to speed.

>

We are taking our Autotrail to get cruise control fitted on Saturday, as OH this will improve his driving experience no end. Glad someone else can verify that!

We had it fitted to our Rimor by a certain Mr Newell after I had to drive all the way back from southern France (Millau) with severe sunburn because hubby was even worse than me and could hardly move - I certainly wished I'd had it then. It was one thing we were adamant we'd not do without again, and our Chausson, being on the Ford chassis, fortunately had it as standard. It makes driving much more relaxing.

When we changed our car last year from a Renault Megane with cruise to a Renault Modus without cruise hubby was disappointed, but as we do most of our distance travelling in the MH he can live without it.

I think I'lll have to say that replacing the Fiat radio/cassette unit with a Sony with integral iPod connection has to be the best so far. If I did a second van I'd pay more attention to combining the audio systems for "on the move" and "on site".

regards

alan

By a country mile. Scooter rack (and scooter of course)

followed by

Camos Dome (it just works unlike most things these days and is easy)

Gas Low (it just works unlike most things these days and is easy)

Repeat IT wifi antenna. Allows me to work remotely anywhere in Europe and email people invoices!

Brian Kirby - 2012-02-17 4:58 PM

Wind out awning! Would not have a van without.

Loads on the 'worst ' thread hate them, like you would not be without it.

....and.... the best gadget to go with it was the rain stertcher bar (flat one) and tie down strap.

Styrup tyre pump from Lidl - great for pumping up the tyre pressures.

Guest pelmetman
Colin Leake - 2012-02-15 4:43 PM

pelmetman - 2012-02-14 9:24 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-02-14 6:40 PM

A wine bottle foil cutter and a corkscrew.

A cutter is not essential Colin unless your posh :D.....................I have 2 but I dont use them in public (lol) (lol)

We are. Would never dream of serving the wine with a mangled foil.

Just out of curiosity why have you got two. That's just showing off.

Why 2?....................delusions of grandeur maybe :D

In truth our neighbour gave them to us..........................he used to import stuff from China ;-)

Before he went to prison 8-)

Archived