Happy Valentine's day

Dave225

Happy Valentine’s Day.

I ‘agreed’ with my wife that we would not buy cards as after 40 years of married bliss??? What else would be better? She agreed. However, guilt got to me and I nipped out yesterday to get a card and put it on the breakfast table this morning. Being a sexist pig I thought this was the sort of things blokes should do to birds etc.

Then she goes and produces one for me. On enquiring that I thought we had agreed not to buy cards, the answer was, she was getting one just in case, and if I did not produce one, she would keep it for next year. Logic or love?????

Now I do not know where I stand.

Anyway, I hope whatever you did, it was a good day.

Dave225 - 2012-02-14 8:30 PM

Happy Valentine’s Day.

I ‘agreed’ with my wife that we would not buy cards as after 40 years of married bliss??? What else would be better? She agreed. However, guilt got to me and I nipped out yesterday to get a card and put it on the breakfast table this morning. Being a sexist pig I thought this was the sort of things blokes should do to birds etc.

Then she goes and produces one for me. On enquiring that I thought we had agreed not to buy cards, the answer was, she was getting one just in case, and if I did not produce one, she would keep it for next year. Logic or love?????

Now I do not know where I stand.

Anyway, I hope whatever you did, it was a good day.

....you unspeakable cad sir!

Since she had to reciprocate your unexpected gesture, the poor b*gger for whom hers was really intended now won't be getting it! ;-)

Guest JudgeMental

we went out for diner last night......BIG mistake.

All the restaurants in crystal Palace triangle (about 30) were really busy, but we managed to get into our favourite Italian.......God! it was all lovey dovey couples. I looked down the tables and near enough everyone was holding hand across tables, it seems the latest fashion is to put both hands on either side of table and partner stick theres on top of yours...I nearly threw my food up! *-)

JudgeMental - 2012-02-15 10:48 AM

All the restaurants in crystal Palace triangle (about 30) were really busy, but we managed to get into our favourite Italian.......God! it was all lovey dovey couples. I looked down the tables and near enough everyone was holding hand across tables, it seems the latest fashion is to put both hands on either side of table and partner stick theres on top of yours...I nearly threw my food up! *-)

So why did you go out then? i would have thought a night in front of the Telly , would be better.

Your just an old sentimental at heart, but not a young one, Hey?

JudgeMental - 2012-02-15 10:48 AM

You miserable git :-D

Being the last of the great romantics I bought my wife of 48 years a casserole dish. A nice one mind you that she had been on about for some time.

A few years ago I entered her into a competition for a presentation pack of expensive beauty products. She won but it arrived while she out shopping so I wrapped it up and gave her that. She thought it was marvellous!

By the way my apologies for putting this in the wrong section, I did wonder what had happened to it as it was not in 'chatterbox'. Old age again.

However we did treat ourselves to the M&S meal last night and I must admit it was not too bad. Settled for t he Riojas instead of the ghastly pink bubbly in the ads and it was not bad at all.

Archived