What's the worst/least useful thing that you bought for/added to your Motorhome?

BGD

Melvin - 2012-02-22 4:21 PM

I am not suprised your beer was sliding across your work surface, it is a know fact beer should never be put down, but drunk imediately.

Ohh and by the way I would like to add another usless item to my list, a Isabela wind breaker, excellent and very expensive bit of kit, my wife wanted it, but it is a shame we have never had the opportunity to ever use it in the last 5 years since buying it.

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply
crinklystarfish - 2012-02-22 9:56 AM

Orange EHU cable. Pointlessly carted it all over the place before cutting it up and using it to wire up my garage. Used the blue end bits to scare cats away from a bird's nest.

I've got a yellow one of those been carting it around for years, yet to find a use for it. (lol)

Guest Tracker

Whats the difference between least useful and most useless?

Least useful - Caravan Club Membership!

Most useless - 12 volt (allegedly) hairdryer.

Tracker - 2012-02-24 3:13 PM

The question was " What's the ... least useful thing that YOU BOUGHT....."

If you have bought membership and don't use sites that's your own fault !

;-)

Guest Tracker
malc d - 2012-02-24 3:20 PM

Tracker - 2012-02-24 3:13 PM

The question was " What's the ... least useful thing that YOU BOUGHT....."

If you have bought membership and don't use sites that's your own fault !

;-)

That's why I didn't renew CC membership about 9 years ago - much more fun to go abroad - and the insurers allegedly give us a discount fro CCC membership - which we do occasionally use for weekend or holiday meets with no pre booking or being told sorry we are full up!

Brian Kirby - 2012-02-22 4:21 PM

Colin Leake - 2012-02-22 3:23 PM

On one site we were so far out of level that when I put a bottle of cold beer with condensation on it on the table it slowly started to slide off. I cured the problem by drinking the beer then getting the blocks out.

If the beer had been any good, the van would have levelled itself while you drank it! ;-)

I think you mean that the bear would have levelled it for him Brian!!! (lol)

Colin Leake - 2012-02-26 7:05 PM

Don't be silly. EU legislation prevents us using the Bear to level the motorhome even if he would do it!

He is taking his driving test though which will be handy if he passes.

I hope he passes too, otherwise he could be a bit grisly .... (lol)

Melvin - 2012-02-21 9:47 AM

Whats wrong with fluffy dice

I worked in Halfords for a few years and we used to routinely offer counselling to anybody bringing fluffy dice to the till :-D (We also used to get some of the red car wash buckets down off the shelves and make a slalom course to ride those little aluminium scooters through. Well someone had to test drive them, but thats another story) :D

It was a covered chain to wrap around the cab arm handles of the cab doors inside.

Briilliant piece of kit for a Fiat BUT....... we had a Renault Master and there were no holes through the cab arm handles. Dughhhh ever felt stupid.

Chris

chris - 2012-02-26 11:06 PM

It was a covered chain to wrap around the cab arm handles of the cab doors inside.

Briilliant piece of kit for a Fiat BUT....... we had a Renault Master and there were no holes through the cab arm handles. Dughhhh ever felt stupid

Chris

Nope ... did stupid mind (one of the 7 dwarfs I assume?) (lol)

Love my wind-out awning - just use common sense - it it's windy - i won't want to sit out so don't need the awning!

as for levelling blocks - first few times i did without. Couldn't be doing with faffing about. Unfortunately I can't sleep if my bed's not level (who'd a thunk?). S now it's worth messing about with the blocks so I can get a good night's sleep (beer gives me insomnia)...

Worst purchase? Satellite Kit - never worked - even had an 'expert' look at it and after swapping the dish, cable, LNB and tuner - still couldn't get it to work - And i've lost my receipt!

Archived