Are TV health warnings winding you up?

Dr Dave

We are bombarded with all kinds of health warnings on a regular basis and i suppose that if it saves a life its is worth it. BUT at almost every ad break the 'runny poo advert is on' and the cough that you have had for a bit spells doom. I am concerned that apart from annoying me it might actually put people off visiting the doctors and may be counter productive do we need to be informed of this so often?

Got to go now ive got an awful cough (and the trots)

Dave (lol)

Dr Dave - 2012-02-16 8:30 PM

colin - 2012-02-16 7:26 PM

Can't say I watch that much tv, so haven't realy noticed them. What I seem to see more is short term loans at 3742% apr (or whatever)

Lend us a tenner :D

Do you mean as in money, or as in the pads for ladies who leak?? :$

The worse things are when you see reports in the papers or on TV about miraculous cures for cancer, they then go on to say they are subject to more trials for another ten years before being released to cancer sufferers, giving them false hopes.

I have prostate cancer which has now been found in my bones and they are trying to get me on a course of chemo and clinical trials, chemo is not a cure and only makes you ill, clinical trials is too time consuming you are practically living at the hospital.

My urologist said that in his opinion I have between 1 and 2 years life expectancy, my oncologist says 18 months, so who cares I dont, I'm still working and feel fit so if I go down the pan slowly and shuffle off this mortal coil with grace and dignity I will be quite happy (lol) So if you don't see anymore posts from KOTR you will know I have gone to a far better place.

PS anyone interested in a low mileage VW motorhome (?)

Mel B - 2012-02-16 9:12 PM

Dr Dave - 2012-02-16 8:30 PM

colin - 2012-02-16 7:26 PM

Can't say I watch that much tv, so haven't realy noticed them. What I seem to see more is short term loans at 3742% apr (or whatever)

Excellent! (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol) (lol)

Lord Braykewynde - 2012-02-16 10:56 PM

knight of the road - 2012-02-16 9:17 PM

PS anyone interested in a low mileage VW motorhome (?)

Just be positive KOTR and try not to stress over anything. Good luck for the future and follow your doctors advice. It seems to me you already have the right attitude though ;-)

Hi KOTR - Agree with LB, I have often thought it is not what life throws at us that defines us - but what we do about it.

knight of the road - 2012-02-16 9:17 PM

So if you don't see anymore posts from KOTR you will know I have gone to a far better place.

KOTR, what you're moving to Yorkshire? :D (I'm sure they 'tinternet there too you know)

Seriously all the best

Rog

The thing is, I feel happy relaxed and fit and can't wait for the garden work to kick in within the next couple of weeks, wonder if the docs got my medical notes mixed up with some one elses? if that is so I will sue them to the letter of the law on that no win no fee basis, looking forward to getting away for a couple of weeks at Easter.

Guest pelmetman
nowtelse2do - 2012-02-16 9:28 PM

For those that are mechanically minded, I think Mel means 'ladies drip trays' :-D

Dave

Have you seen the price of them 8-)........................Fortunately we still have a bag of cat litter left over from when we had cats :D................I reckon a handful of that would do the job ;-).............plus a bit of Gaffa tape as you might leave a trail (lol) (lol)

pelmetman - 2012-02-18 8:12 AM

nowtelse2do - 2012-02-16 9:28 PM

For those that are mechanically minded, I think Mel means 'ladies drip trays' :-D

Dave

Have you seen the price of them 8-)........................Fortunately we still have a bag of cat litter left over from when we had cats :D................I reckon a handful of that would do the job ;-).............plus a bit of Gaffa tape as you might leave a trail (lol) (lol)

I wonder why ladies would buy the real thing with such an easy discrete money saving idea? The mind boggles

8-)

Archived