Sites near Paris

FRANKP60

Looking to spend three nights on site near Paris in September,need to be good Transport near by ie bus/train,for getting to centre of Paris.Have been looking at Camping De Paris,the site fees are about 29euros a night but on top they want 20 euros booking fees.Any thoughts would be gratefully received.

hi, don't know this one, but have stayed at Camping Bois de Boulougne. It's on the edge of the River Seine, and either an easy walk to a metro station, or dependant on if it sitll runs, there is a shuttle bus from the site. It's perhasp a typical 'town'site, but there's plenty of walking through woods/Countryside/Racecourse from the site, and we really enjoyed our sstay there.

Access by road is very easy especially from the west, as you don't go onto any of the 'busy' roads, it's just off the Autoroute..

We've previously used Maisons-Laffite, no complaints (apart from price, obviously, it's Paris!).

But last time, a couple of years ago, we did it the really cheap way and parked the van on the big car park on the South side of Chateau de Vincennes. Unlimited free parking, (we stayed 3 nights), surprisingly quiet, and an easy Metro ride into town.

OK it was only a car park, and no facilities, but all we needed it for was to sleep. It meant we could spend the whole of our budget in the city, instead of using a large chunk of it to rent a patrch of grass for the van.

Keith T - 2012-02-17 9:02 PM

hi, don't know this one, but have stayed at Camping Bois de Boulougne. It's on the edge of the River Seine, and either an easy walk to a metro station, or dependant on if it sitll runs, there is a shuttle bus from the site. It's perhasp a typical 'town'site, but there's plenty of walking through woods/Countryside/Racecourse from the site, and we really enjoyed our sstay there.

Access by road is very easy especially from the west, as you don't go onto any of the 'busy' roads, it's just off the Autoroute..

We also stayed here found it a nice quiet campsite . Park over the road well I say park plenty of green hubby got to cycle . We found it easy to catch the bus into Paris . We enjoyed it cannot remember what the charges are .

Tony Jones - 2012-02-17 10:20 PM

We've previously used Maisons-Laffite, no complaints (apart from price, obviously, it's Paris!).

Hi Frank,

If you purchase an ACSI Discount Card/Campsite guide you will be able to stay at Maisons-Lafitte in September for 16 euros a night including electricity.

mel wood - 2012-02-18 10:23 AM

Tony Jones - 2012-02-17 10:20 PM

Hi Frank,

If you purchase an ACSI Discount Card/Campsite guide you will be able to stay at Maisons-Lafitte in September for 16 euros a night including electricity.

I notice from teh 2012 Acsi Guise (once i ofund my way round the odd refernce system - first time I've used them!) there is also a site near PAris = Champigny sur MArne, (Paris est), which shows public transport available, and located close to Motorway....this may be another option worth exploring? Also €16 until 14/7 and from 1/9

Stayed on all three of the sites around Paris mentioned.

The one at Champigny, Paris Est, is quite good and does have good connections to Paris centre or Disneyland, bus stop at the camp entrance and about five minutes to RER station for an approximate 20 min journey to Paris centre. All inclusive travel cards are available at reception on the camp, very pleasant and English speaking staff. Downsides are it is used by itinerent workforce out of season, though they caused us no problem, and also used by coach tour companies as a staging post so can be quite noisy with lots of teenagers in the bar and restuarant. Not bad at €16 per night, would use again but not as first choice now. By the way we have not had to book in advance in either May/ June or September so wouldn't worry about the advance booking fees.

Although there is the need to walk into the local high street, about 10mins but uphill most of the way, to catch the RER into Paris we preffered Maison Lafitte as it was a more 'peaceful' site with at the time we were there no real downsides and most of the benefits. The town is nice to walk to and look around and there are some nice 'eating houses' as well

We were not very impressed with the third mentioned (CampingBoise de Bologne ) as we found it expensive and with no real advantage over the others to warrant that.

Hi Frank

Although IMO the most expensive (in terms of Value for money) Camping Bois de Bologne is the closest to central Paris & close to the RER.

Follow the river to Neuilly for RER or Buses along Avenue Charles de Gaulle for Arch de Triumphe & Champs Elysees. (or one hour on foot)

But the Bois de Bologne is a rather unsavory area at night, so IMO don't walk the short cut through the Bois, back to the site during hours of darkness.

I went for an evening jog around the Bois & felt very uncomfortable.

Although I found the area immediately around the Camp site OK

Hi

Also stayed at Maisons-Laffite, from site you can walk to Train station in around 15 mins and get a day pass for around 10euro p.p. which gets you into Paris on the RER (30 mins) and use of underground all day... We also used the hop on and hop off water taxis which stop at all the usual sites, this was brilliant....

The town of Maisons-Laffite is also a very pretty town alongside the river, lots of bars, restaurants, shops and parks. Site also alongside river. The site is ok, would of liked someone to go around and fill up some of the pot holes as makes site look a little scruffy, but is good for what you pay off peak

My rating 6 / 10

Derek &Pauline

Archived