Oyster dish reprogramming

watsoa

My friend was recently trying out his Oyster dish before going abroad and it could not locate the Astra 2 satellite that it normally locks on to. He rang the suppliers and they informed him that there has been a change in the satellite setup and he needed to have his Oyster box reprogrammed. Does anybody have any info on this please.

Don't see why it should need reprogramming should be taken care of in the software & firmware updates.

If the Oyster box's firmware is post 2009 you don't need to update via the serial port you can do it via satellite. If pre 2009 you have to update via the serial port, once the firmware has been updated you will be able to do future updates via satellite.

If you are updating via the serial port it is best to use the "TV Box Edit" program which is included in the update download on the Ten-haaft website.

If updating by satellite there is a code number you need to entre to confirm you are downloading the correct update all the info is on the Ten-haaft website.

info on update via serial port

info on update via satellite

The Astra people changed the frequencies on the satellite so downloads are impossible until your Oyster controller has been re programmed. Phone the number on the Oyster web site and you will be talked through the set up. It's painless (unless your box is fixed at a strange angle overhead in a narrow locker like mine!).

OR your friend can send the box back for reprogramming - cost is about £60.

Lenny's suggestion will only work if your friend is using an Oyster receiver.

I had a similar problem to this last Autumn when ours wouldn't lock on in Cornwall. I rang Bill at 'That Leisure Company' and he told me they had changed the transponder frequency (?!) and talked me through re-setting via the control box of the sat dish-is this the same thing? if so it was very easy to do and took about 10 seconds with no downloading or changing anything

Mike

PS Mine is 2009 so maybe that's why-dunno!

Mike B. - 2012-02-20 6:59 PM

I had a similar problem to this last Autumn when ours wouldn't lock on in Cornwall. I rang Bill at 'That Leisure Company' and he told me they had changed the transponder frequency (?!) and talked me through re-setting via the control box of the sat dish-is this the same thing? if so it was very easy to do and took about 10 seconds with no downloading or changing anything

Mike

HOW ?

Hold the 2 < > in for a few seconds together and then when it shows the frequency, just press the < and it re-sets to another frequency. Turn off then turn on again and it finds it on new frequency

Mike

johnnerontheroad - 2012-02-20 7:05 PM

Mike

HOW ?

Hold the 2 < > in for a few seconds together and then when it shows the frequency, just press the < and it re-sets to another frequency. Turn off then turn on again and it finds it on new frequency

Mike

Mike

HOW ?

Mike B. - 2012-02-20 7:10 PM

Mike

Mike

HOW ?

Thanks

Dave

Hi. We had to have our box sent away for reprogramming because our van is on a 2008 plate. We tried following the set of instructions and by number 3 we knew it was going to cost. Think we paid £80 for the MH garage to remove the box and send it to the Oyster dealer.

Sorry but I posted the wrong instructions in earlier post-that was for a different fault.

To reset on a 'Vision' if your auto will not lock on to signal is:

Turn on and allow to start search

Press and hold > button

Keep pressed in and frequency will appear in LED screen

Keep pressed in and touch < once or twice to display 11307H or 11178V

Release both buttons

Dish will start auto search and lock on in approx 1 minute

Sorry for any confusion earlier

Mike

Thanks Mike not tried it yet as in Spain with piped TV on site.

Dave

Mike B. - 2012-02-22 11:52 AM

Sorry but I posted the wrong instructions in earlier post-that was for a different fault.

To reset on a 'Vision' if your auto will not lock on to signal is:

Turn on and allow to start search

Press and hold > button

Keep pressed in and frequency will appear in LED screen

Keep pressed in and touch < once or twice to display 11307H or 11178V

Release both buttons

Dish will start auto search and lock on in approx 1 minute

Sorry for any confusion earlier

Mike

Archived