hymer 534 2002 = tables

Guest henry

Guest henry
is there anyone out there with a van like ours. Recently purchased and no-one seems to know if the table fits onto the floor or not, indeed which is the correct table. surely one of you knows because they who should know dont I cannot believe that it travels loose in the van! i get a headache with this one regards henry

Guest Docted
You could always ask the supplying dealer, or try Pete Hambilton 01772315078 He is very helpful in all matters Hymer.

Guest Derek Uzzell
Is this a B534 A-class design with a rear U-lounge? If it is, I wouldn't be all surprised if the table isn't fixed to the floor in any way. I've got a French report of a 2000 Hymer BM550 (on a Mercedes chassis) that has this layout, and the article has photos of the lounge with a smallish square dining-table. This table is the usual free-standing Continental jobbie that 'kneels' to form part of a rear double-bed (that's in addition to the cab drop-down double).

Guest henry
yes, it is a u shaped rear lounge and the table had to be ordered as asn extra! the original one got lost, there is a clip on the floor which looks as though something (table) should somehow fix to it. thanks henry

Guest Derek Uzzell
What often happens with this type of arrangement is that there are two cut-outs at floor-level in a side-seat base into which the cross pieces at the bottom of the table poke. There is then some sort of clip arrangement (as you've spotted) on the floor and/or on the table's framework that locks the table in place. Hopefully your new table and the floor-clip will match up!

Guest George Mays
We have recently bought the same Hymer with the U shape lounge,for the table to be loose sounds dangerous to me, our very "solid" table has 2 U shaped clips that "dock" into 2 opposite clips on the forward facing bench seat,it is quite solid and doesn't move around when the van is moving,I cant descibe the clips if you send email address I could send you a photo.

Guest henry
athanks for the idea of a photo, we would appreciate that as we are still unsure if we have the correct table thanks mavis.ambrose@btopenworld.com

Archived