Radio isolator switch - autosleeper Talisman

Deborah Croot

new van - faulty radio (amongst loads of other faults)-turned off when driving after 20 mins but switch worked to keep radio on when stopped. Now dealer says radio stays on whilst driving but the radio will always switch off after 20mins when parked up despite isolator switch. Advice please on this one, the isolator switch did keep it on for as long as i wanted originally now they say no it never did - who is right. tried to tell me that the isolator switch siwtched the power supply from the vehicle battery to the leisure battery - not sure about that one either

I am not sure what your "isolator switch" is but I will offer two possible explanations. The radio as standard on base vehicle will switch off after 20 minutes when the ignition is switched off. It should remain on whilst you are driving. The switch you refer to could have been wired in 2 ways to allow the radio to be used when ignition is off. 1 It may be wired between the permanent feed to the radio (which is there to maintain the memory ) and the input to the radio from the ignition switch. Should be in the "off" position when radio is not in use so that the vehicle battery is not run flat. 2 It could be that it has been wired between the leisure battery and the radio to allow use of the radio when parked up without running the vehicle battery flat. Your dealer should sort out the confusion.

I don't know how A/S wire this switch but on my Nuevo with the isolator switch on the radio does not turn off after 20 mins with or without the engine running. Do note however that the radio stays powered up (in some kind of sleep mode) if you leave the isolator switch on even when you turn the radio off on the fascia. If you go in the van when it is dark you can see the on/off switch on the radio glowing if the isolator switch is on. I don't what the current drain is in this condition but i can assure you that the vehicle battery will be flat in 8 days if left like this (don't ask). When it happened I did ask A/S what the current drain was but they didn't know. So the system overcomes the 20 min problem but beware.

Archived