Your van; Blank piece of paper; what to change?

snowie

Brian Kirby - 2012-02-25 4:12 PM ...You sure you'll actually have the courage to use it and get it dirty, or might you keep it just to admire?!! :-)

Definitely a user, and thanks for the kind words. It's just screws and glue and no shortcuts though, given the time and inclination self-building isn't that hard - don't let converters tell you otherwise!

Regarding the whole LPG / fuel economy thing, I know its a bit trite, but driving style has a huge impact. With good anticipation and careful use of the loud pedal tons of fuel can be saved over the course of a year - it can also be more relaxing and makes for good driving concentration too.

I tend towards dawdling where possible when on the road and have been surprised by some of the very poor consumption figures I've seen in reviews. In my last 2 proper 'vans (2.8 Fiat then 3.0 Fiat engines) I regularly managed much better consumption figures than could have been hoped for.

Guest 1footinthegrave
A Hydrogen powered engine that I recall not that many years ago was supposed to be a reality by now, or has the technology been bought up by the oil giants. I said when diesel reached £1.25 a litre I was packing it all in, now today our local station is at £1.49 a litre, I'm not sure I can wait much longer to be able to fill up from my water tap. :-S

gwyn - 2012-02-26 6:25 PM

What ti change? Not a lot, keep the Ford and diesel, probably add LPg and definitely bench toilet otherwise love it as it is

Diesel and LPG unfortunately not on the same engine I think Gwyn; but I'm with you all the way on the bench toilet!! should be possible to seal around one better than the swivel C-200. (mopping up behind and around after a shower really does make you think twice !).

Maybe an effective and economical levelling system for a camper would be a good choice (it's the one thing I envy caravanners) because many pitches are still not that camper friendly

cheers

alan b

ips - 2012-02-24 1:39 PM

Gas fire would be nice so not using 12v power by having eber on. (no room to fit one however) Also a window in the door and a window above small seat behind drivers. Other than that it's perfect.......I think.

Basically wot e said!!! :D

peter - 2012-02-25 5:13 PM

I love our van, appart from the drop down bed. I wish it had a positive location when lowered. So it didn't swing about and bang against the side of the van when a little nocturnal activity was on offer. :$ :D

... when the vans a rocking ... and a clonking ... don't come a knocking!!! :$

Archived