My favourite TV shows

nightrider

My favourite TV shows are the Australian border controls and our very own Brit cops who chase our baddies, the difference in Australia and Britain is that the Australians really jump on people trying to smuggle drugs into Oz by handing out very stiff prison sentences whereas over here in Britain villains appear to get a slap on the wrist.

We lik those as well Malc. - Also like the Bondi Beach Lifeguard programmes. The Oz programmes are attractive to us because having family out there and having been there just two years ago, it is great to see places we "know".

But some people! How those Aussie Lifeguards keep their cool is beyond me.

One guy who was in trouble and was about to be rescued was helped by a young lad who saw he was in trouble and went over with his surfboard before the Lifeguard had arrived.

The rescued man then pushed the young lad off his own surfboard!!

All caught on camera!

In comparison to the usual dross if soaps etc. these programmes showing real people are far more entertaining and thought provoking.

Guest pelmetman

Bargain Hunt........... :D...........and I like the new one "Antiques road trip" :D

Top Gear and Not the nine o'clock news are also on my watch list ;-)

knight of the road - 2012-02-25 12:54 AM

My favourite TV shows are the Australian border controls and our very own Brit cops who chase our baddies, the difference in Australia and Britain is that the Australians really jump on people trying to smuggle drugs into Oz by handing out very stiff prison sentences whereas over here in Britain villains appear to get a slap on the wrist.

Malc , a slap on the wrist can really hurt if carried out correctly and can leave a nasty red mark when administered with force and therefore it is an effective deterrent to villains .

Guest pelmetman
josie gibblebucket - 2012-02-25 8:36 PM

I like homes under the hammer. Its great to see the before and after renovation houses.

Been there done too much of it *-)..................I even renovated a mobile home once 8-)

UK ones:

Escape to the Sun (and it's various incarnations)

Escape to the Country

Location, Location, Location

Relocation ....

Homes under the Hammer (oh how I wish some of the idiots that buy property without surveys or seeing them come unstuck ... it rarely happens though!)

Restoration Man (with the lovely George!!!)

Build a New Life in the Country

Grand Designs

QI

Have I Got News for You

Mock the Week

Poirot

Midsummer Murders

New Tricks

USA shows:

The Mentalist

NCIS (lovely Mark Harman :D )

CSI: New York / Miami / Las Vegas

Other:

Australian Border Patrol (or whatever it's called!)

How its Made (on Quest) - only when I'm bored!!!

Guest pelmetman
malc d - 2012-02-26 5:17 PM

pelmetman - 2012-02-25 10:56 AM

..................... Not the nine o'clock news are also on my watch list ;-)

I used to like that . What channel is it on now ?

:-|

Ooop's I mean't "Have I got old news for you".........the one with Ian Hislop and Paul Merton :D

Some of the adverts are funny also, just a couple that tickle my funny bone, the old lady sat at the table with two brands of tea one being cheaper than the other, she says I dont like tea, she then brings up a bottle of gin and a glass saying, i prefer gin (lol) another one is of a little girl telling her daddy what to do with a biscuit, first I separate the biscuit, lick the chocotate then dunk it in my milk, during the night daddy comes down for a midnight snack on opening the fridge door there is a note from his daughter saying "hands off daddy" he turns round to be confronted by his daughter with an admonishing look on her face, dressed in her jimmy jams and her dolly in her arms, really funny.

Archived