Overnight at Le Mont St Michel

camperadi

Planning a visit to Le mont in April. Mrs Camperadi seems to remember reading that parking arrangements are due to change and overnighting would no longer be allowed near to monument. A quick search has brought no information forward and she cant remember where she read it. Has anyone got more information. Stuart.

Hi; it sounds as though "parking arrangements" will change from spring 2012, so I'd guess that it will be different in April.

I read about it also; probably MMM.

You could email the following for info?

E-mail : syndicat.mixte@rcm-mtstmichel.fr

Good luck;

I hope they get rid of some of the tacky souvenir shops while they're at it.

Local campsite looks good

cheers

alan b

Opposite the Hotel Verte in the village there is a superb Aire which is cheaper than the scrappy car park down by the Monte and includes services and EHU. Its a bit like a motorhome campsite with loads of green space and pitches separated by hedges.

I have never understood why people flock onto that wasteland and pay €12 for the privalage and I will be glad when its gone. Its an eyesore.

The Aire has always been quiet but I imagine after April it will be busy, Its barrier entry so you need to pull into the hotel reception first to pay and get the code.

Barryd999 - 2012-02-26 10:37 AM

Opposite the Hotel Verte in the village there is a superb Aire which is cheaper than the scrappy car park down by the Monte and includes services and EHU. Its a bit like a motorhome campsite with loads of green space and pitches separated by hedges.

I have never understood why people flock onto that wasteland and pay €12 for the privalage and I will be glad when its gone. Its an eyesore.

The Aire has always been quiet but I imagine after April it will be busy, Its barrier entry so you need to pull into the hotel reception first to pay and get the code.

I have stayed in both and prefer the campsite. I would say there is a special magic down at the the car park when the sun is setting and the tide is racing in and you are sitting in the luxury of your MH. Only drawback of the campsite is I got 45 bites in July as the surrounding fields had sweetcorn

Edit You have the options in town of staying in the campsite behind the hotel with showers etc at an additional cost or in the aire across the road with hookup and services at a reduced cost. I have also seen MH park up in car parks in town.

We've been there twice, the first time was just a flying visit (not over-nighting), the second we stayed on the 'mud flats' parking area overnight - it was totally magical - being able to take night shots for as long as I wanted whilst hubby was in the van was great and it was lovely to see the Mont at all times. I agree, however, that it wasn't the best place to stay but I certainly wouldn't have missed it for anything.

I've had a good shuftie at the new layout/parking etc (2nd link above in English), it appears that motorhomes will be charged 12,50 euros a day (whatever that means) and I assume overnight parking is not permitted as I can't see any mention of it at all. You can walk, take the shuttle (included in parking fee), or pay to go in the horse drawn 'bus' from the parking area, what you do if you're staying on an aire though I don't know unless they don't check if you've used the parking area and let you on the shuttle bus anyway. Its a shame there's no allowance for you to cycle to the mont though as it appears you have to leave your bikes and use another form of transport (not very green).

Thanks for all the replies. I had already searched the main website but didnt find the info. Thanks for the links. I hear what you are saying about overnighting on the flats. I am firmly with Mel B it is magical out there. Plus why pay twice, once to park for the visit then once more to stay in camp/aire for night in the town. We go before the 27th so will stay on the flats for the last time. As the owner of 2 dogs i was interested to note that dogs will not be allowed on the new shuttle. In the summer months it may not be be possible to leave them in the camper and kennels are 7 euros each!!! Thanks again Stuart

Archived