Has anyone come back to UK on new pet passport yet

camperadi

Was wondering whether anyone has yet returned to UK under new pet passport regulations. Have vet charges dropped now that only worming and passport stamping is required? Although I understand the new requirements (I think) any idea of vet costs or any other experiences might be useful. We have 2 dogs one of which will be going away for the 1st time on a new style passport. Stuart

Guest pelmetman
We came back end of January, took Troy to the vets at Forges les Eaux and Sue reckons it was about 10 euros cheaper this time ;-).........................didn't keep the receipt but 40 euros we think :D

I don't expect it to be any cheaper for us as we will still continue to do the 'full' treatment at the vets (tick/flea and worm) as we did before - we put the health of our dogs first, rather than just doing what is 'required' by the regulations etc. :-S

As an aside to this, I have added Tazzy to our Eurotunnel crossing so the dogs alone have cost us £90! I have written to Eurotunnel asking them to review the policy of charging a flat rate for each pet and instead consider having a sliding scale - they have acknowledged my email and said it is not something they have looked into but will pass it to the relevant area to consider ... if anyone else feels they are able to bring this up with them too, it might be helpful and add some weight to their reviewing it .... maybe they'll change it, maybe not, but if you don't ask. 8-) :-S

Brought my border collie back from Spain at the end of January. Examined by a spanish vet who gave him a milbemax worm tablet and signed the pet passport. Cost 30 euros.

In addition to signing page 16 (worm treatment) the vet also signed page 28 Clinical Examination. There is only space for 5 such examinations and with the frequency I travel to the continent the pages for that section will soon be used up as opposed to the worm treatment section which has room for 15 entries. I was lead to believe that the Clinical Examination section is for horses only. Can anyone clarify this please.

Ian

lookback - 2012-02-26 10:16 PM

Brought my border collie back from Spain at the end of January. Examined by a spanish vet who gave him a milbemax worm tablet and signed the pet passport. Cost 30 euros.

In addition to signing page 16 (worm treatment) the vet also signed page 28 Clinical Examination. There is only space for 5 such examinations and with the frequency I travel to the continent the pages for that section will soon be used up as opposed to the worm treatment section which has room for 15 entries. I was lead to believe that the Clinical Examination section is for horses only. Can anyone clarify this please.

Ian

The Clinical Examination bit isn't a requirement (I think it's more for when they've been to places outside of the EU), some vets complete it anyway.

We have had this with our dogs - one of them, Romy, has nearly filled up the other sections on her passport due to the number of holidays she's had so we've just got her a new passport and it only has a small number of Clinical Examination parts in it too. When the vets ran out of the official Clinical Examination parts, they used the last section of the passport which isn't needed normally (can't remember what it's called!) and put their comments in there.

lookback - 2012-02-26 11:16 PM

Ian

Clinical examination is not required. A lot of vets do it though!!

We will be returning on 9 March from Spain (via Calais) and, since we have five days in which to get the treatment done, intend to have the dog treated at a vets near the aire at Pont De L'Arche this time instead of nearer to Calais. This will save us having to stay near to Calais (usually St Omer) for the last two nights.

David

Heres a French vet map http://maps.google.co.uk/maps/ms?hl=en&ie=UTF8&t=h&msa=0&output=kml&msid=212644490060588125915.0004774b0e0d2d4d09429 if anyone's interested

However I always use Dr Guy Terwagne

rte Mont St Michel 50170 PONTORSON

Tel 02 33 60 21 23

Speaks English, RV Parking in side street or Aire opposite. Camping cheque site 5 min walk away.

Really nice bloke nearly said guy.

Roy

• 2 weeks later...

We have just returned from a holiday in Spain/France and we had our 2 cocker spaniels inocculated by a vet in Brionne. It cost 66 euros in total. We crossed by Eurotunnel which was quite easy but be sure you get the pet passports checked and passed before you go through check-in. You now have 1-5 days to travel.

Geoffcow

Archived