Faulty Fiat Ducato immobiliser

paddiesdad

Hello all,

I'm posting this to see if anyone can help with a problem that's just developed with my motorhome. I've a 1999 Hymer van based on the Fiat Ducato 2800 turbo diesel. After a run this weekend on trying to start the engine to get on a site pitch, the CODE warning light on the instrument panel failed to go out and the van wouldn't start. Luckily I could stay where I was overnight and this morning on trying to start the engine again, the fuse linked to the warning light blew, and when I replaced that the engine started. I came home without stopping and a few minutes after arriving back I tried the key again with the same problem. A few hours later the warning light still remains on and I can't start the engine. I've tried both everyday keys and the 'master' key without success. I understand that the key transmits a signal to the engine immobiliser to deactivate the the system, but I've had the vehicle for 4 years and this hasn't happened before.I live near Chester and I've been told the nearest Fiat dealer that can help is in Preston. On phoning them, they said if I book the van in with them and the symptoms described above aren't apparent when I get there, they'll have difficulty in diagnosing the fault! Can anyone offer advice as to the problem and point me in the direction of someone more locally that can help?

Thanks,

Peter

hi i had this problem in france.let me down several times.there are 2 bits to the imobiliser.

there is a small box in behind the key size of matchbox.that bit will set you back about £100.

got this for mine did not work.fiat would not take it back.the next part is down on the pump.

when you operate the key it opens a valve letting fuel through.its going to cost.

i took mine out at the pump end.no more trouble.and put a switch on dashboard.pilote.

pilote. - 2012-03-01 10:53 AM

hi i had this problem in france.let me down several times.there are 2 bits to the imobiliser.

there is a small box in behind the key size of matchbox.that bit will set you back about £100.

got this for mine did not work.fiat would not take it back.the next part is down on the pump.

when you operate the key it opens a valve letting fuel through.its going to cost.

i took mine out at the pump end.no more trouble.and put a switch on dashboard.pilote.

My mistake; perhaps it is a good idea to dicuss openly, ways to circumvent your immobilisers. What am I like?

Nick

Archived