Sites around Portsmouth

BIFFO

Hi to all.......it's that time of year and am heading to Santander from Portsmouth at the end of May. Sailing is not till five pm . Was wondering about sites within an easy drive of the port that we could stay and head for the sailing about two hours before departure. All recommendations with thanks .

B. G. Robbins B-)

Hi BG

No sites close to the port (that I know of) and I live over looking the harbour.. Plenty of parking on Portsdown hill just of the A27 (10 mins max from ferry) and you can sit and watch the boats coming and going. If you google it you should be able to see. There is a large Tesco at North Harbour, but not allowed to park for more than 2 maybe 3 hours.If you have problems, PM me and I will give you directions, if you say which way you will be coming (Probably down the M3?) Will be away ourselves in May,

PJay

I would agree with PJay on top of the hill, it is free and the views are spectacular, there is a couple of tea and burger vans including the infamous Mick’s monster burgers. If you want to stop overnight then there is a campsite at Titchfield - Drove Lea Farm, there is a selection of nurseries to look round within walking distance, and the Abbey (ruin), also a decent pub across the way (well was when we went).

There are a few sites around if you Google Fareham of differing types.

Hope this helps.

I live 2 miles from Port Solent Marina between Portchester and Cosham on the A27 and it has lots of free parking. It is about 1/2 mile from the motorway exit and 4 miles from the ferry.Remember parking is Free!

Just look up portsolent.com and you will find directions, shops, pubs, cinema health clubs etc within the complex

Address:-

Port Solent

Portsmouth PO6 4TP, UK

Safe Trip Mike

Caroline - 2012-02-28 12:59 PM

I would agree with PJay on top of the hill, it is free and the views are spectacular, there is a couple of tea and burger vans including the infamous Mick’s monster burgers. If you want to stop overnight then there is a campsite at Titchfield - Drove Lea Farm, there is a selection of nurseries to look round within walking distance, and the Abbey (ruin), also a decent pub across the way (well was when we went).

There are a few sites around if you Google Fareham of differing types.

Hope this helps.

The pub is closed at the moment , being refurbished

PJay

Hi

We always use the following site its an easy 15min drive to the boats and Debbie Sctt who runs it couldn't be more helpful. Theres plenty of space so no size worries. I am towing a car on a trailer during my winter trips abroad

No conections with this site other than being a very satisfied customer

Debbie Scott

Scotts Haven

May bush lane

Soberton Heath

Southampton

SQ32 3QF

tel no 07703 189179

S_scott6@sky.com

Hope this helps

John

There's also the C&CC site at Southbourne, not too far away, 20 mins perhaps, and some on Hayling Island, likewise. I quite liked the Hayling Fish Creek one, or whatever it's called. Though getting off the island in the morning can be very slow.

Driving from Southsea Leisure Park to the ferry terminal is no problem, it only takes minutes. You might have problems getting on, might need to book. I've never stayed there, too dear for me.

Archived