dash panel.

pilote.

Hi Pilote - welcome to the Out&AboutLive forums.

That's a very specific question and I'm doubtful that anyone here will be able to provide you with a Yes-or-No answer. Have you tried asking on the Fiat-related forums (there appear to be several) as these will probably be your best bet.

I'd guess that, as long as the blue instrument panel (presumably fitted to later Ducato models) is visually identical to your black panel except for the colour, the wiring for the later panel would be the same. If the blue panel differs significantly in appearance, then it's quite likely that the wiring will too.

Hi,

It is quite common fo manufactures to use the same harmess and conctions to teh instrumnet panel, teh more basic ones just issing ot the extra but connectios remain the same. Others will have an extra harmess and conector for additional features and the higher spec instrument cluster can still work .

I would have to check the circuit diagram and connector details, but basically if the panel can be plugged in and fits then it should work. You may even find the additional features work.

However, as Derek says they may even use a different harness and wiring is quite different, but in these cases we would use a different or differently keyed connector so it could not be plugged in.

I can try and take a look later at diagrams but not sure if I will have the 1999 full wiring charts and details or just a general wiring chart.

You can reasonably assume though, if the plugs fit then no damage should result and should work (possibly not all features though) .....but then this is FIAT.

OK, so far it looks like it is teh same harmess for both versions. However this is only as accurate as teh info I can find and I can oly find one harness for both version with and without tachometer. However that does not mean tere is anot an additional harness and not fionsingit does not mean it does not exist.

As the cluster, there appears to be differences pre 1997 and after. What those differences are I do not know. There is also a bridged cable plug used on Tacho version if using with a Common rail injection v petrol or no common rail injection. This appears to be to do with how the tachometer gets its signal but canot be sure. Sorry, I'm drawing a blank as just cannot access the information I need at the moment.

I would have thought there should be loads of clusters available kicking about from scrapped vehicles readily obtainable. Sorry I cannot be of much help at moment and and as Derek has mentioned the FIAT forums is a good place to start. Maybe someone on there will have 1st hand knowledge.

thanks for help as you say you cannot seem to get a definite yes or no.

the plugs on the back look same the just a bit tight .they just seem to be on a

differant part of the panel on the back.i got this panel brand new on ebay.cheap.

so thought it might be worth a go.pilote

Archived