Just had this mail what do you think?

Dr Dave

Dear Prime Minister The RT. HON. David Cameron. MP.

I wish to ask you a Question :- " Is This True ?"

I refer to the Pension Reality Check.

Are you aware of the following ?

The British Government provides the following financial assistance:-

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER (bearing in mind they worked hard and paid their Income Tax and National Insurance contributions to the British government all their working life) Weekly allowance: £106.00

IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN (No Income Tax and National Insurance contribution whatsoever) Weekly allowance:£250.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Weekly Spouse allowance: £25.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Weekly Spouse allowance: £225.00

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER Additional weekly hardship allowance £0.00

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN Additional weekly hardship allowance £100.00

A British old age pensioner is no less hard up than an illegal immigrant/refugee yet receives nothing

BRITISH OLD AGED PENSIONER TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT £6,000

ILLEGAL IMMIGRANTS/REFUGEES LIVING IN BRITAIN TOTAL YEARLY BENEFIT:£29,900

Please read all and then forward to all your contacts so that we can lobby for a decent state pension.

After all, the average pensioner has paid taxes and contributed to the growth of this country for the last 40 to 60 years.

Sad isn't it? Its about time we put our own people first.

The problem is some people will actually believe the cr&p.

Surely you should know by now just to junk these emails and not read them, and these types of messages are not even amusing anymore because they are so common.

People who forward or post on forums even for amusement are in my view petty minded and gullible, you have done exactly what the original sender intended.

You would be better posting something like the Power of word link on other thread (Sight) which is thought provoking and has a real deeper meaning.

You did ask what do you think.

Brambles - 2012-02-29 11:47 PM

Surely you should know by now just to junk these emails and not read them, and these types of messages are not even amusing anymore because they are so common.

People who forward or post on forums even for amusement are in my view petty minded and gullible, you have done exactly what the original sender intended.

You would be better posting something like the Power of word link on other thread (Sight) which is thought provoking and has a real deeper meaning.

By posting this email and asking for your opinion on it, even if you don’t like the contents it will or should make you think, not particularly the diatribe about immigrants or even the amounts of money quoted but the plight some pensioners have after contributing to the system for years. Having to use up their savings to pay for utility bills (and sell their house if they need to go into care) and the general unfairness of the social ‘system’ which seems biased against anyone who has worked or contributed into a system that was set up in the first place to protect them. And yes I do have first hand knowledge of this as my parents fell into this category. So yes ‘hands up’ it was a flippant posting to stimulate debate BUT if it makes one person who can make a difference think for one minute about pensioners and their plight then I think its worth it because soon I shall be one of them. And if the power of words video produced by a production company makes you think more about a subject than real life and real hardship then it has probably worked. ‘petty minded and gullible’ if you say so.

Dave

It is the "unfairness" that most people object to. As such these sorts of posts wizzing round the www do get people to think about what they want.

My post here was similar in that it hilighted the disparity of what gets spent on the elderly compared to what gets spent on prisoners:-

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26749&posts=2

I do not see these sorts of postings as petty minded or indicating gullibility on the part of the poster - but I do see that many people are asking questions as to what our tax £'s are being spent on.

And when you see a very real case where an immigrant objects to the 4 bedroom house he is put up in at the full expence of local taxpayers because they want more bedrooms or to be nearer to friends etc. - You have to wonder at the fairness of the system when you also read of cases where an elderly person is advised to wear more clothes because they cannot afford to heat the flat the live in as well as buy food!

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1253151/Somali-woman-claim-benefits-burden-social-assistance-landmark-EU-ruling.html

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2025895/Housing-benefits-Somali-asylum-seeker-Saeed-Khaliifs-family-2m-house.html

Daily Mail I know - but the stories did check out and were coverred by various TV news outlets as well.

Guest pelmetman
I reckon there's a growing band of people like me, who can no longer be prepared to fund a corrupt system, and are opting out of the traditional working fulltime til you reach 65...............I'd rather enjoy my time now than hope to enjoy it later :D

pelmetman - 2012-03-01 10:46 AM

I reckon there's a growing band of people like me, who can no longer be prepared to fund a corrupt system, and are opting out of the traditional working fulltime til you reach 65...............I'd rather enjoy my time now than hope to enjoy it later :D

Lots of people don't make it to 65, so don't blame you, if you can afford it DO IT NOW

Guest pelmetman
PJay - 2012-03-01 5:09 PM

Lots of people don't make it to 65, so don't blame you, if you can afford it DO IT NOW

My FIL died a wealthy man at 64..................my old man who's enjoyed I'll health since he was 50 carried on working until he was 70, by which time he was just to knackered to enjoy life *-)....................now he lives alone in his marble cell in Spain, because my mum finally managed to smoke herself to death a couple of years ago.....................................bugger that for a life *-)

Guest Tracker

Good on you Dave - my first wife and I did just that as soon as we were financially viable to support ourselves in 1999 when I was aged 55 and I have never for one moment looked back in regret!

The death of my first wife in 2004 further amplified the soundness of that choice because at least we had five good happy years of retirement together whereas if I had waited five years it would have been too late.

It is surprising how little you can live on when you put your mind to it but I did cheat a bit by starting a small business part time in 2000 - part time enough not to interfere with motor caravanning I hasten to add - and that did help with the transition to full time loafer - and buy a van or two!

Brambles - 2012-02-29 11:47 PM

I thought this was called Chatterbox, do we really need to discuss only "thought provoking and items with real deeper meaning"?

Clementine - 2012-03-02 12:18 PM

I thought this was called Chatterbox, do we really need to discuss only "thought provoking and items with real deeper meaning"?

The title of thread says what do you think. I said what I was thinking at the time.

p.s. I do apologise to all for not conforming to the rules of Chatterbox and gave an opinion. I shall refrain in future and conform to only agreeing with others. :-(

Clementine,

You seem to be a comparative newcomer to this forum having only sent in about 23 posts, you will soon find out that there are experts on this forum who can answer anything from politics, rape, murder, robbery, welfare benefit cheating, income tax avoidence/evasion, birdbox building, poufe and pelmet making, lots of fights, spats, arguments, name calling and lots of kissing and making up until the next battle starts, whenever I have been involved in a battle I will make up but nothing would induce me to kiss the pelmetman, dont like his shade of lipstick, so its a case of jump in and do what the Romans do.

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2012-03-02 4:44 PM

I will make up but nothing would induce me to kiss the pelmetman, dont like his shade of lipstick, so its a case of jump in and do what the Romans do.

You never said that last time Malcolm 8-).....................................and you said you'd still respect me afterwards *-)

:D

pelmetman - 2012-03-02 5:27 PM

I will make up but nothing would induce me to kiss the pelmetman, dont like his shade of lipstick, so its a case of jump in and do what the Romans do.

You never said that last time Malcolm 8-).....................................and you said you'd still respect me afterwards *-)

:D

Careful Malc ... some of the stuff the Romans got up to would indeed involved pouffees, liptstick (of sorts) and not just the opposite sex!!! 8-)

Are you two trying to tell us something? If so, we don't want to know!!!!! Just get a room ..... or a villa! :D

Brambles - 2012-03-02 6:02 PM

That was before you changed your lipstick colour and he realised you have matching floral pelmets and bed headboards in the same shade.

How on earth does he know that? Now, IMO, that truly is "thought provoking" and definitely "has a real deeper meaning"! :-D

Guest pelmetman
Brian Kirby - 2012-03-02 7:05 PM

Brambles - 2012-03-02 6:02 PM

That was before you changed your lipstick colour and he realised you have matching floral pelmets and bed headboards in the same shade.

How on earth does he know that? Now, IMO, that truly is "thought provoking" and definitely "has a real deeper meaning"! :-D

Just hang on a darn cocking minute there yer Lordship ;-)..................I don't want rumours being spread about me how ever true they might be 8-).....................

Malcolm and I have a meaningful relationship :D

Edit............Just to squash any rumours we are both straight as a die and share a fellow liking for bird boxes ;-)

Guest pelmetman
knight of the road - 2012-03-02 8:00 PM

I have heard on the grapevine that Dave kissed Sue and an hour later she was rushed to the A&E for a course of anti-biotics, she should make a full recovery in a couple of weeks.

My God Malcolm what have you given me 8-) 8-) 8-) ......................Not the "Trill" vitous I always said you should of cleaned those bird feeders more often ;-)

Clementine,

You seem to be a comparative newcomer to this forum having only sent in about 23 posts, you will soon find out that there are experts on this forum who can answer anything from politics, rape, murder, robbery, welfare benefit cheating, income tax avoidence/evasion, birdbox building, poufe and pelmet making, lots of fights, spats, arguments, name calling and lots of kissing and making up until the next battle starts, whenever I have been involved in a battle I will make up but nothing would induce me to kiss the pelmetman, dont like his shade of lipstick, so its a case of jump in and do what the Romans do.

I have never been on a Chatterbox Forum before, so by the looks of it, it's a "free for all", although I can cope with a few "Devils Advocats" and "Brambles", I think this might be too much for my "sense and sensibility".

:$

Archived