keswick ccc site

bazooka

Knowing how bad the C&CC website has been in recent months (enough has been said about it on this and other forums) I decided to check this myself using the dates you quoted and had no problem booking a grass service pitch so how come the site tells you its full and the computer system doesn't?

(I didn't book and pay, I just wanted to check if the website was any better.)

Just returned from a week at Keswick. Not too busy early in the week but more vans by the Friday. It was a bit damp up there (as expected) with the site on flood alert due to rising levels in river Greta. however, it was the rising lake (Derwenidioter) which had fun with us.

We had been out walking and returned to find the van in 10 inches or more of water. we were in the 3rd row back from the lake. The warden was kitted out with waders etc and he got into our van and backed it onto the track and we then moved to the higher part of the site.

this high water had also coveredsome of the round-lake footpath and so we had to go all the way to Grange to cross.

Still, great fun tho!

bazooka - 2012-03-02 7:01 PM

Hi Paulmold,I did ask if there was a grass pitch with H-U P they said they were not taking bookings for grass pitches.I think it just depends on the weather.

Baz

I can understand that but I could have booked one through the website. In other words, website still useless as I know they normally don't show grass pitches available at this time of year for motorhomes but what if I had booked on line, turned up and they tell me no?

paulmold - 2012-03-01 7:34 PM

Knowing how bad the C&CC website has been in recent months (enough has been said about it on this and other forums) I decided to check this myself using the dates you quoted and had no problem booking a grass service pitch so how come the site tells you its full and the computer system doesn't?

(I didn't book and pay, I just wanted to check if the website was any better.)

They dont like motorhomes on the grass pitches though :-S I know we managed last year to book Moffet but when we got there we were asked to park on the caravan storage area *-) we still had to pay the same price as on a hard standing with a hookup, because they dont sell electricity (!) its called pitch fee? work that one out.

Archived