Cheap petrol..

Caddies104

Hi All

Just in case you have missed it..... Morrisons are offering 15p/ litre off petrol, if you spend £60. Must do it by this Sunday though to get the voucher and then you have a further week to get the petrol...

Great if you are getting the Motorhome out of hibernation....

Derek

The question of if it is only on petrol isn't that daft, as some of the blurb actually says petrol as opposed to just fuel, however, I can confirm that it does indeed include diesel as we topped our camper up and got 78 litres in (plus 10 litres in 2 jerry cans) so a nice saving of £13.20. :-D

We did of course have to spend £60+ in Morrisons, but as we just bought stuff on offer that we will use anyway, including a pack of 60 Chinese frozen 'starters' (nibbly things) reduced from £5 to £2 and a few other bargains, we were well up money wise! :->

Tight - me, nahhhhhh, not stingey either ... just sensible! :D

Exactly my thought Derek, the break even point is probably worse than that as we have an Asda's 5 miles away whose fuel is generally 2 to 3 pence cheaper than Morrisons anyway.

The last time they had the same promotion I gave the voucher to my niece who lives near to another Morrisons at 25 miles away but happened to be visiting us at the time so was able to use it on her way home, this one will probably end up in the bin!

Bas

I have just reduced my fuel bill by about 10p litr changed my 2.0ltr diesel VW for a 1.2ltr VW  £104 back on insurance and only £95 RFL as we only do on av 5k miles a year in the car it seems to make sense , but as we know the motormome is a different matter as they say you cannot put a price on pleasure and liesure.

Basil - 2012-03-04 1:50 PM

Exactly my thought Derek, the break even point is probably worse than that as we have an Asda's 5 miles away whose fuel is generally 2 to 3 pence cheaper than Morrisons anyway.

The last time they had the same promotion I gave the voucher to my niece who lives near to another Morrisons at 25 miles away but happened to be visiting us at the time so was able to use it on her way home, this one will probably end up in the bin!

Bas

You could always post the voucher to your niece (along with the receipt as she'll need that as well otherwise they won't honour it) ... for the cost of a stamp it could save her a bit of dosh! :-D

Caddies104 - 2012-03-05 9:41 AMLike your thinking!!! Hope you take a little tonic with all those bottles??Derek

2 parts tonic to 1 LARGE part gin Derek and yes we got a few boxes of 'one shot' tonic cans.....makes the perfect G&T

Mel B - 2012-03-04 6:49 PM

[You could always post the voucher to your niece (along with the receipt as she'll need that as well otherwise they won't honour it) ... for the cost of a stamp it could save her a bit of dosh! :-D

Funny that the same thought crossed my mind after I read through my post, one tends to forget about the good old postal service in these days of electronic everything!! Voucher and reciept was duly posted last night, thanks for the suggestion as I may well not have thought to do it myself. Doh!

Bas

Caddies104 - 2012-03-05 10:56 AMMan after my own heart , wife still likes Brandy & Coke though, so have to double up on bottles and cans in wine cupboard, along with the Red Wine of course!!! (lol)

we need to arrange a meet up....great minds etc...my other half likes her B&C and we're both partial to a bottle or three of red....  :-D

Archived