Autocruise Starspirt

stumpy60

Hi All,

I have a '07 Autocruise Starspirt and I am trying to find some where to get replacement marker lights that are on the top of the van at the front and back.

Any help or ideas would be greatfuly received.

Thank you

Stumpy, Hi And welcome,

I recently replaced all 4 marker lights on my 2005 Autocruise Starburst, they had gone badly rusty and wouldn't clean up to my satisfaction.I used these :

http://www.vehicle-wiring-products.eu/VWP-onlinestore/lighting/round.php

The ones that I used were : partno. 53600 fronts @ 6.28each

and : WRL39R Red rears @4.22 each.

they fit to a flat surface which many do not, and the silver ring isn't chrome but stainless steel. so should last a lot longer. hope that helps.

PS. Have you tried Swift ?? they took over Autocruise in 2007, but don't know if they will be much help.?

My experience of Swift is not good.

Let us know how you get on. Good luck ;-) Ray

Guest Tracker

You could try Charles & Son at Poole and O'Leary's near Beverly - both have websites and good knowledge.

I have seen theses lights on sale in caravan and camping accessory shops too as they seem to be pretty standard.

Swift are totally uninterested in anything that predates their takeover of Autocruise and not known for their enthusiasm for anything newer but as theses lights are a widely used stock item they might stock them?

Personally I think Ray's idea of stainless steel is a better option as the chrome used is crap and they will rust again!

Not many 'round' ones amongst that selection Flicka , only found one Clear 'lensed' one and no Reds.

I thought you have an Autocruise ? what shape are your high level marker lights ? Just an observation, not a criticism. ;-) Ray

Hi Ray

Sorry for any confusion, I had been looking for rear & side markers for someone else, so I just added the links to the sites I gave him

Our Sportstar has LED strips at front, sure they will prove difficult to replace when they go. :-(

Rear are round at the extremities & another LED strip in middle.

Flicka,

I have been looking for replacement 'Chrome Rings' (they are plastic actually) for the rear LED roadlights, I don't know where Autocruise got them ?? but i have looked high and low, but so far 'no joy'

If you find a 'Source' let us know . I have tried 'O'Leary's, he does have Body panels (some) but not these lights. Ray

PS.This original poster 'Stumpy' seems to have dissapeared into the 'Ether' .

Guest Tracker

Ray - when I broke my rear lamps by reversing into my garage on the day I bought the van - and before I fitted a rear bumper - replacement led lights were sourced by Charles and Son at Poole.

I emailed them a photo and although they did not stock them they did get the lights for me but as I did not need the chrome rings I don't know if they might have been able to help or not?

Rayjsj - 2012-03-05 12:54 PM

Flicka,

I have been looking for replacement 'Chrome Rings' (they are plastic actually) for the rear LED roadlights, I don't know where Autocruise got them ?? but i have looked high and low, but so far 'no joy'

If you find a 'Source' let us know . I have tried 'O'Leary's, he does have Body panels (some) but not these lights. Ray

....what size are they?

I know VWP stock one set of trim rings, but I suspect they may be bigger than you require (they appear to be 100mm i/d, 122mm o/d.)

edit:

I suspect they may be Hella units, so maybe more like this:

http://www.caravan-components.co.uk/epages/BT2955.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/BT2955/Products/EL400H

Robinhood - 2012-03-05 1:13 PM

Rayjsj - 2012-03-05 12:54 PM

Flicka,

....what size are they?

I know VWP stock one set of trim rings, but I suspect they may be bigger than you require (they appear to be 100mm i/d, 122mm o/d.)

....silly me. I see from above you've already seen VWP.

Very useful company (and near enough to me for me to vist from time to time!).

Archived