Black streaks on White coachwork

FRANKP60

Hi Started spring clean of van today ,I am sure there has been a thread about this in pass,but to save time.

Have several black streaks on side of van ,all coming from where there are black seals .IE under side indicators ,under the toilet removal door ,water filler door ,all have rubber seals aganst the van.Is there a way to stop these marks, they come off with T cut but then so does the polish.

Dont think you can stop it but I wouldnt use T cut I would use "fenwicks black streak remover" or "one dry wash" fenwicks is available all good caravan accesory shops one dry wash available online. I use the latter for car and MH instead of a wet wash it is an excellent product and puts a polish finish as well as cleaning truly great stuff.

Do it the safe and quick way. Use a marine GRP polish if your van is GRP or a good quality car polish if it is painted aluminium. The streaks will come off with ease, leave a good finish and will not harm the surface. Do not be tempted to use a car polish on GRP as it may degrade the gel coat.

The GRP cleaner is safe to use on painted surfaces such as the bonnet.

FRANKP60 - 2012-03-06 5:02 PM

Ho Colin,sorry being a bit thick here what does GRP stand for.

Glass Reinforced Plastic. (Fibreglass).

For the black streaks I use 'Greased Lightning' spray polish. My Autocruise has GRP body panels and roof. and it works fine on it. Keeps the bodywork shiny for weeks. Ray

Archived