Yes or No

kelly58

Just received my RFL renewal for the motorhome due 1st April £215 now the question is do I pay it before the budget on 21/03/12 or take the gamble that it may not go up and leave it untill after the budget ? Anyone got a crystal ball ?

No brainer really, if you get it now it costs you £215. If it goes up in the budget you save a few bob unless they come after you for it. If it doesn't go up in the budget it hasn't cost you any more. What do you think the chances are of it going down in the budget?

D.

kelly58 - 2012-03-06 12:56 PM

Just received my RFL renewal for the motorhome due 1st April £215 now the question is do I pay it before the budget on 21/03/12 or take the gamble that it may not go up and leave it untill after the budget ? Anyone got a crystal ball ?

I don't think you can tax it more than 14 days before due. At lease that used to be the case,., may have changed now. I do ours on line, very quick to come back .

Guest Tracker

Mine's due on all fools day too!

Do you honestly think that the habit of a lifetime will be broken and the rate go down in a budget - you cannot be serious!

A little bird tells me the motorhome RFL is coming down to £20 in the budget for all Motorhomers on the pension or pension credit aged over 80yrs providing they take both parents with them to the post office to renew. (Parents must be on pension or pension credit too)

There will also be a £1 per litre cash back on Diesel

Isn't it nice here on this planet *-) *-)

PJay - 2012-03-06 2:06 PM

I don't think you can tax it more than 14 days before due. At lease that used to be the case,., may have changed now. I do ours on line, very quick to come back .

No, you can tax it from 5th of the previous month now - if you've not had the reminder, you can do it with reg no and the document reference no from the registration certificate.

They will not let me tax my motorhome before the 28th of the month.

I have to wait until I have paid my Insurance on the motorhome just before the 28th.

If I try and pay the road tax before the insurance the P.O. cum DVLA computer flags me up as uninsured even tho I am continually covered.

Such is life

HWO

Basil - 2012-03-06 6:16 PM

Correct that you can RENEW from the 5th of the previous month, but if it is SORNEDed then you cannot do it until 2 days before the end of the month, unless that has changed!

Bas

Got the V11 for Vitesse in front of me, says I've got to tax, sorn or tell them it's gone, between 5th and 31st, so looks like thats changed as well.

Other years I've had two V11's in one envelope, looks like van one will be coming seperatly thou.

HWO - 2012-03-06 7:54 PM

They will not let me tax my motorhome before the 28th of the month.

I have to wait until I have paid my Insurance on the motorhome just before the 28th.

If I try and pay the road tax before the insurance the P.O. cum DVLA computer flags me up as uninsured even tho I am continually covered.

Such is life

HWO

Same here, our insurance has to be renewed 31st May and road tax starts 1st June. They will never let us tax it online because it looks as though there will be no insurance in place when tax disc starts :-| Perhaps we should sorn it for a bit to change the due dates 'cos its always a hassle 8-)

Well after getting V11 for Vitesse yesterday I recieved two envelopes from DVLA today, V11 for Globecar and a new 'red' V5c for VW that I've owned for nearly 15 years, apparently they are replacing all the old style V5c's, so my post box will be filling up this year with V5c's :-S

Archived