Untaxed vehicle - good riddance

LordThornber

Well my moaning, or using my right to complain (call it what you will) has paid off.

Sometime during the early hours of this morning the car was clamped. We didn't know that of course until we opened the curtains. Great stuff, something happening at last.

It gets better, whilst taking breakfast, a truck equipped with lifting gear arrived, did the business and now the car has gone.

Martyn

Well done! I've just had a look at the original post and I was appalled by some of the vicious attacks on you by a small number of people.Presumably they live in the sort of street where abandoned and rusting vehicles are the norm and are tolerated and, it would appear, even accepted.

Some of us are concerned about our surroundings and I'd have done just the same as you to get rid of what was quite clearly becoming an eyesore. More power to your elbow.

Pity we can't report the untaxed vehicles over here in France. Many new residents think they can bring an old banger over from the UK and run round with no tax or M-o-T . Look at any of the airports car parks ( though most of you never need to go near them) So watch-out when driving in France for the none taxed vehicles as it can be expensive in a crunch..Griff

Tracker - 2012-03-06 2:17 PM

I promise not to make a habit of it FG - but on this I totally agree with you!

Ditto. Having gone and looked at the original post I too (faint/swoon) find myself agreeing with FG.

Strangely there is a similar thread on another forum I belong to only this was about a caravan left on the road without any security and the OP poster got the same nasty remarks as LT did.

Anyway, I must go for a lie down after agreeing with Gumpy :-S

Having looked at this thread ...

http://www.outandaboutlive.co.uk/forums/forums/thread-view.asp?tid=26723&start=61&posts=69

what comes as a surprise is Syds comments. After a few months on this forum I thought I was beginning to know how the members would react and some, like pepe, I would expect the sarcastic crap but I'm sorry to say Syd did come as a disappointment and I didn't expect it off him. I did agree with Syd's Law though :-D

Oh well, to look on the positive side at least I find myself, rarely, agreeing with what FG stated so maybe there is hope (lol)

• 2 weeks later...

Archived