Overnight nr Valladolid

Mike B.

Thanks for the replies-we are going to the Penguin rally en route to Spain/Portugal in January 2013 but I believe the aire is closed in January because of the rally.

Is anyone else going and would like to meet up & fly the flag for UK?

Thanks for the site links -I'll try and book there

Mike

Mike B. - 2012-03-07 11:03 AMThanks for the replies-we are going to the Penguin rally en route to Spain/Portugal in January 2013 but I believe the aire is closed in January because of the rally.Is anyone else going and would like to meet up & fly the flag for UK?Thanks for the site links -I'll try and book thereMike
What is the Penguin Rally, not heard of that one? I have just looked at the Aire in the VIC.book and it looks OK.

vindiboy - 2012-03-07 11:10 AM

Mike B. - 2012-03-07 11:03 AMThanks for the replies-we are going to the Penguin rally en route to Spain/Portugal in January 2013 but I believe the aire is closed in January because of the rally.Is anyone else going and would like to meet up & fly the flag for UK?Thanks for the site links -I'll try and book thereMike
What is the Penguin Rally, not heard of that one? I have just looked at the Aire in the VIC.book and it looks OK.

It's an International motorcycle rally for charity-this year 26,000 bikers-next year hoping for 30,000. 25 Euros for the weekend including entertainment, food & drink & a decent goody bag!

You don't have to be a biker but if you are you shouldn't miss it.

This is the link-check out the 2012 video:

www.lapinguinas.com (In Spanish but can translate with Google)

Would be happy to link up with anyone who fancies going

Mike & Jackie

Hi all

Just found out they are making 2 massive temporary aires in Puent Duero (Valladolid) next year for the rally and they are free on a 1st come 1st served basis.

Thanks for the replies and if anyone is going let us know

Mike

Can you tell me Hallii if there is water at that Valladolid aire in winter. I annually stop off at the aire(free) at Palencia (not far from Valladolid) in January and at that time. the water is switch off. On my return in April, all facilities are available.

John

Wirralian - 2012-03-07 10:29 PM

I annually stop off at the aire(free) at Palencia (not far from Valladolid) in January and at that time. the water is switch off. On my return in April, all facilities are available.

John

Hi Wirralian. I regularly stop at the Palencia aire in the winter months and have always found the water supply to be on even in bitterly cold freezing conditions. It is perhaps worth mentioning that they do turn the standard taps off but leave the supply to an adjacent ground level hatch (small) functioning - you need a hose with a screw fitting as you cannot get a container under the flow.

It is not uncommon for visitors to think that there is no water supply in winter as there is no signage to give a clue.

Hope this helps as Palencia is indeed a very handy stopping off point. Of course, if they have changed arrangements recently, I defer accordingly.

Nobby

Archived