Replacement Tail lights for a Holdsworth Valentine Bounty?

mandsu

Hi everyone, i am anew meber/poster and have aquestion that i hope someone can answer. In December 2005 i bought my Motohome from Marquis in Devon. I noticed upon getting it home that there were various faults. Most of these were rectified after two attempts by the dealer, but i questioned the damaged rear light lens. The reply from Marquis was that as long as it did not let through white light it was quite acceptable. Unfortunately i don't think that this is acceptable, so i am trying to source a rear lens without having anything more to do with the dealer, whom i no longer trust. If any person can put me in the right direction i would be eternally thankful. regards, Mandsu (lol)

I suggest you try asking the Holdsworth Owners Club. The contact details given in MMM are: Secretary: K Way, 16 Cherrytree Road, Seaview, Isle of Wight PO34 5JF Tel: 01983 613657 e-mail: kerrywall@nettletone657.fsnet.co.uk Alternatively, it's quite likely that your Bounty's rear lights were hijacked from a common-or-garden vehicle (Ford Transit rear lights were often used) and, if this is the case, an experienced garage mechanic might be able to identify the donor. I also retrieved the following details from a list of motorhome manufacturers: RICHARD HOLDSWORTH P0 Box 2603, Reading, Berks RG4 6FG. Tel: 0118 969 5919 However I strongly suspect they are long out of date.

Hello mandsu, the Email address given by Uncle Derek for Kerry of the Holdsworth Owners club is up to date. Derek has an amazing store of sound information!!! Richard Holdsworth still builds motor caravans, they are now called "Autocruise CH" (CH stands for Cockburn Holdsworth). Richard is in close contact with the Holdsworth Owners Club. I am a member of the H.O.C. it may be a good idea if you joined, we have frequent rallies, I have never had a problem sourcing parts through H.O.C. connections. Just fitted a new shower tray. Most parts of course are standard from the usual suppliers. I own a Holsworth Ranger 4 berth low profile coachbuilt on a rear wheel drive Renault Trafic. There are 7 Valentines in the H.O.C. I beleive it was Richards favourite motor home, he built some Autocruise Valentines for a while, a few other names were carried foreward to his new company. Very good 'vans won 'manufacturer of the year award'. all the best, might meet up with you in a field somewhere sometime, David Powell H.O.C.

Thanks David I have found this information very useful. It re-enforces what i thought i saw on the rear of a fairly new Autocruise recently, the same lights. This explains it. I will now make enquiries through the HOC. Thankyou. Mandsu :$

Hi Mandsu Until recently I owned a Holdsworth Valentine Special (VW). An excellent well bullt compact coachbuilt. I would just like to add to the information already given. Autocruise took over Holdsworth spares and in the past I was able to source from them a replacement luton window and the appropriate decals for my Valentine. I have to say that this was 3-4 years ago when Autocruise had someone named Richard Bentley to whom nothing was too much trouble and he seemed to know exactly what Holdsworth spares were stocked. (Several MMM letters praised him for his services!).

Archived