Campervan Insurance

WildBill

I rang for an insurance quote and happened to mention that I would be keeping the van on my private layby at the bottom of the drive while I have work done on the drive. The company who I was talking to refused to insure my van whilst in the layby as they classed it as being on the roadside.

Does anyone else out there ever do work on their drive and if so do they have insurance to keep the van elsewhere?

The fact that the layby belongs to me and has no parking, private property signs means nothing, it is still classed as being on the roadside.

Maybe try another insurer?

Just shows you that you get nothing for being honest .

I personally woulnt of said anything , lets face it you may of been out for the day come back and parked it there . Intending to move it to your drive later .. Seems you get nothing for being honest.

Then either speak to someone else with a bit more sense, or speak to another insurance company. What does this particular pack of comedians expect you to do with your van while using it: keep it on your drive? It is surely a temporary measure while the drive is modified/resurfaced? It is where the van is normally garaged that counts, not where it gets parked from time to time.

Archived