IPad and dongles

Curly

Guest JudgeMental
I just bought the faculty x antenna and after a bit of fiddling around, installing and installing again:-S I am pleased to say I have got it working.. , picking up unlocked and strong signals all around my house. Spain at Easter so this should be handy. Especially on site where I should be able to pick up signal from comfort of van instead of having to go to reception :-D

JudgeMental - 2012-03-24 5:23 PM

I just bought the faculty x antenna and after a bit of fiddling around, installing and installing again:-S I am pleased to say I have got it working.. , picking up unlocked and strong signals all around my house. Spain at Easter so this should be handy. Especially on site where I should be able to pick up signal from comfort of van instead of having to go to reception :-D

Glad you got it working. They are excellent. Im typing this now from the back of the van in a field on the Yorkshire coast, still in bed (had a few last night!) and the antenna is on the back ladder picking up a signal from a BT Openzone router in a house half a mile away.

Guest JudgeMental

not very computer literate so I struggled...Support from faculty X via email was nigh on useless , he ended up recommending me to send it back! This may be better during week when phones are manned. Yes I noticed that a lot of unsecured ones are BT

I will just pop it out Heki on to van roof? and try and remember it is there before I drive away *-)

I will say the build quality not what i expected for something designed to be used outdoors..I dont think it would survive a drop onto a hard surface very well

JudgeMental - 2012-03-25 10:52 AM

not very computer literate so I struggled...Support from faculty X via email was nigh on useless , he ended up recommending me to send it back! This may be better during week when phones are manned. Yes I noticed that a lot of unsecured ones are BT

I will just pop it out Heki on to van roof? and try and remember it is there before I drive away *-)

I will say the build quality not what i expected for something designed to be used outdoors..I dont think it would survive a drop onto a hard surface very well

Ive not seen the new ones so cant comment on build. The Repeat IT antenna I have is good quality but it was over £100 three years ago and you cant get them anymore.

Are you a BT Broadband customer? If you are you should be able to use your username and password to access 3 million Openzone or FON spots across the UK. If not try and find a family member or close friend who is and you can use theirs.

JudgeMental - 2012-03-25 10:52 AM

Ive not seen the new ones so cant comment on build. The Repeat IT antenna I have is good quality but it was over £100 three years ago and you cant get them anymore.

Are you a BT Broadband customer? If you are you should be able to use your username and password to access 3 million Openzone or FON spots across the UK. If not try and find a family member or close friend who is and you can use theirs.

Guest JudgeMental
Mel B - 2012-03-09 2:17 PM

JudgeMental - 2012-03-09 10:07 AM

there is no specific reference. You just pay the£15 a month roaming charge. like I said earlier your minutes dont count as these will be at more expensive rates, but you can buy packs of minutes at £5 a go

best call them, it may of changed from last year

http://www.t-mobile.co.uk/services/going-abroad/

Looks like things have changed as there doesn't appear to be an 'unlimited' option available:

http://support.t-mobile.co.uk/help-and-support/index?page=home&cat=USING_THE_INTERNET_ABROAD&pcateg=HELPANDADVICE

Nope....I have just called TM as oft to Spain on Tuesday, and situation exactly the same as last year BUT this is for BB users only. £15 a month includes black berry messenger service, email and internet

Archived